Advice needed... is this a crack?

bergsnj

And on cue, Santa Cruz gives me a quote of $800 plus shipping for a new front triangle.

How the fuck is it that cracking a $3300 frame on a simple trail maneuver like hopping a tree, 4 rides into the new bike, ISN'T A DEFECTIVE FRAME? Am I supposed to walk my bike over logs now? Should I take up hiking instead of mountain biking?

i bet the frame is still 100% strong and you could ride it for many years with no ill effects. You could also get it repaired which might actually make it stronger than stock: http://www.swampghostframeworks.com/Services.html i'm thinking my next bike might be a pole bike made out of cnc'd tool aluminum

rick81721

Lothar
And on cue, Santa Cruz gives me a quote of $800 plus shipping for a new front triangle.

How the fuck is it that cracking a $3300 frame on a simple trail maneuver like hopping a tree, 4 rides into the new bike, ISN'T A DEFECTIVE FRAME? Am I supposed to walk my bike over logs now? Should I take up hiking instead of mountain biking?

This is worrisome. I whacked the frame protector on mine on the 3 ride or so and it spooked me. I remember @jdog posting a video of him bashing these frames with a sledge hammer with no damage so this really surprises me.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Belmont Wheelworks in Belmont, Massachusetts. I've been a sales associate there for 2 years. I've actually sold 2 of this same frame to consumers already.

And how come they aren't honoring the lifetime warranty? Cause they said it's due to impact?

Mathers

What a shame man. Do they have to take the defective frame back in order to get the new one at $800 ?

rick81721

Lothar
It's definitely BS. I slammed logs on my old aluminum frame and 1300 miles of trail later and it's in better shape than my 10 day old trail bike.

This is the trail style where I ride in Massachusetts:

If a 2020 mountain bike can't handle logs, how is it supposed to handle rock?

Man I would choke so badly on those skinnies

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I guess with longer lower slacker bikes, the downtube is more exposed. I don't think I've ever impacted the downtube like that. I can see carbon not holding up well to something like that.

Top Bottom