OFFICIAL: 2019-2020 mtbNJ.com Fantasy Football League Thread - MY FAVORITE TIME OF THE YEAR, GUAC CUP AND GOLDEN TURD LETS DO IT BABY

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
YOUR 2019-2020 mtbNJ.com FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD
042717_goodell-boo-b1acc89a-fill-735x490-gif.72497

Yeah I'm still wearing the same suit, so what?
After a year filled with drama, epic gifs and conspiracy theories, one can only imagine what will take place this year. @UtahJoe and the London Silly Nanies come into the season as the defending Guac Cup champion and has spent the offseason with the trophy, living the dream. Rumor has it he has actually put part of it in his Mustang so it will live on forever, but no one can confirm this.
utah.gif
Utah celebrating with his team after defeating @Carson and the Carsons, who really need a team name, 142.2 to 118.9.

LAST YEAR MANAGERS, CANT HANDLE THE HEAT?
Please let me know if your tenure as a mtbNJ Fantasy League Manager has come to an end. Currently we are unable to accept new teams as we are maxed out at the magic number of 12. As always, the current buy in will be $20. I hope to hear from all managers by August 5th if you are returning or not.

YOUR DRAFT PICKING ORDER
Just like last year, we will pick where you want to draft. Again, this is not your draft position, just the order you will pick in. The order is below. @fidodie will have to submit his pick by August 19th. The dates of when you will need to pick are next to your name below. NOTE: If the original manager steps down, they will go to the back of the line.

Draft Selection Order for 2019
1. Best of The Rest Bracket - Highest Combined Score Weeks 15-16 - @Patrick - Aug 19
2. Best of The Rest Bracket - 2nd Overall - @Pearl - Aug 20
3. Best of The Rest - 3rd Overall - @Magic - Aug 21
4. Golden Turd Triple Threat Loser Bracket - Highest Combined Score Weeks 15-16 - @elzoller - Aug 21
5. Golden Turd Triple Threat Loser Bracket - 2nd Overall - @stb222 - Aug 22
6. Golden Turd Triple Threat Loser Bracket - Biggest Loser - @jShort - Aug 23
7. Highest losing playoff score of week 14 - @Chris26er - Aug 26
8. Highest losing playoff score of week 15 - @oomba47 - Aug 27
9. Lowest losing playoff score of week 14 -@jmanic - Aug 28
10. Guacamole Cup Runner Up - @Carson - Aug 29
11. Guacamole Cup Winner - @UtahJoe - Aug 30
12. Expansion - @Norm - NO SOUP FOR YOU

CHANGES
At the moment, I do not have any changes on the docket for 2019. I think everything was balanced and worked well.

OPEN DISCUSSION
We need to discuss draft dates. Is @Carson going euro trip again? Is a weekday night better than a weekend night?
If you have anything to add, want to vote for or mention for the 2019 season, now is the time. Floor is open.

Oh and a gif as per rules
zq44AzG.gif

me waiting to see where @Patrick is going to pick

Last edited:

jnos

I'm out! I'd like to say it's because the competition is too fierce, but really, I just hate logging onto the ESPN Fantasy site and won't do it again. Have fun...I'll be here with GIFS.

giphy.gif

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
I'm out! I'd like to say it's because the competition is too fierce, but really, I just hate logging onto the ESPN Fantasy site and won't do it again. Have fun...I'll be here with GIFS.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

i refuse to accept this as a reason, try again, FWIW, they did update the UI, which may actually be worse but I haven't clicked through

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Well if the rumors are true about @jnos being out, we will have one opening, but i'm still waiting for confirmation on that

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
As the reigning champion

2m0h19zzb67y.gif

My only suggested rule change is no pre draft bullshit....Make a system of who picks when and stick to it.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
AN ORIGINAL MANAGER BACK IN THE FOLD
aefagerager.gif
FOR IMMEDIATE PRESS RELEASE --- Well that didn't take long; with the sudden news of @jnos retiring and marking the end of the 26” wheel era, It seemed that @Norm was a frontrunner to replace the successful team and become the new general manager. With a successful campaign for the dead wheels last year, it was a shock to the whole league. The team will relocate from the hell hole of North Brunswick it once played in, and relocate north to the massive "Norms World" Arena in Warren.

Some may remember Norm from many moons ago in the league as far bas as 2010. The last we saw of the GM was in the 2016 season where he piloted the then infamous Hippo Nipples to the Guac Cup, only to lose to @Carson’s then LumbarGaters.

It’s yet to see how this will pan out, but having an original member joining the fold is something to be excited about. This also means @UtahJoe gets to pick one of two draft spots, which I'm sure he will somehow be upset about.

Yelling-Coach-STACK.gif
While @Norm may have some questionable coaching tactics from the olden days of fantasy football, he knows how to get the job done.​

Top Bottom