Tourne County Park Conditions

notcho

So why is there such a nice road with nice lots that no one can use? The picnic area has a nice lot but you can't park in it. Almost seems like it could be an ADA thing.

You can park in all lots. The road is blocked in the middle, but there is an entrance on the other side of the park.

TPI_Elky

You can park in all lots. The road is blocked in the middle, but there is an entrance on the other side of the park.

I'm pretty sure there were two gates, one near the west side lot by the playground / yellow loop and another one from the Mountain Lakes side. (past the horse trailer lot, but closer to the gazebo) Either way, the Mountain Lakes side was closed for repaving so that would have been the perfect time to open the gate from the Western entrance.

stilluf

Rode here for the first time today. Trail conditions were prime! Parked in lot closest to east entrance.
Overall, a fun park with some challenging single track, some double track and fire roads, and plenty of rock gardens. Plus that view from the top of the Tourne (which would be even better if the park cut back the vegetation a bit). Very close to my office so now can add it to after-work rotation.

Wolfjon

No idea.

It's the best trail there, so both directions is the way to go.
I know I am really late to this party but the rumor I heard is back when the road was open it used to have quite a bit of traffic using it as a cut through.

stilluf

Great trail conditions yesterday morning. Now that I am getting a little more familiar with the park I'm finding some unmarked trails. Some are interesting, some not so much. But overall, this small park has a lot to offer.

stilluf

Overall good conditions at the Tourne yesterday evening, with some slick rocks on the lower elevations from the overnight showers. Dirt was good, no mud.

stilluf

Great ride at the Tourne last night. Weather was perfect. Trails were good overall, though trending towards sandy. Discovered a trail on east side, below red trail, close to swamp (Blue?). Thought it would be good, but became hike-a-bike for a while through ridiculous rock gardens. Will avoid on subsequent rides.

xc62701

Great ride at the Tourne last night. Weather was perfect. Trails were good overall, though trending towards sandy. Discovered a trail on east side, below red trail, close to swamp (Blue?). Thought it would be good, but became hike-a-bike for a while through ridiculous rock gardens. Will avoid on subsequent rides.

That's the best trail in the park. It's good both directions but I typically ride it South to North.

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
You will be riding it, if you keep trying it.

drabina

Do you guys know if Tourne Red Trail is going to be ridable tomorrow after today's rain? I was planning on going to Six Mile but don't want to travel that far for muddy conditions. Tourne is only about 20 minutes for me.

FitmanNJ

I'm sure that the 40-degree temps are causing the snow to melt, but as of late this morning, the vast majority of the trails were in good condition -- wet spots were limited (I forgot to put on my fenders, and it really didn't matter). Some of the more heavily travelled areas have gone through freeze-thaw, so if you have studded tires, they could be very helpful...

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Some of the more heavily travelled areas have gone through freeze-thaw, so if you have studded tires, they could be very helpful...

It was surprisingly icy this morning, but more surprisingly it didn't matter. I would second the recommendation for studded tires if you've got them, but I had zero traction issues with my non-studded fat tires. Get there early or it's gonna be a mess.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions