World Cup DH back this weekend!

serviceguy

FYI - we generally try to hold off on mentioning the results in detail for a view days in case someone wants to watch the replay without spoilers.
I'll keep that in mind, I just mentioned because Red Bull posted the name of the winner in the replay page, there was a little bit of an uproar about it...at least I did not mention who's first and who's second. Again, noted.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I'll keep that in mind, I just mentioned because Red Bull posted the name of the winner in the replay page, there was a little bit of an uproar about it...at least I did not mention who's first and who's second. Again, noted.

Hey, if you wouldn't mind, I haven't watched the '87 Giro yet. Please no spoilers.

serviceguy

FYI - we generally try to hold off on mentioning the results in detail for a view days in case someone wants to watch the replay without spoilers.
Also, stay away from the likes of PinkBike, MTBR etc. the winning runs are all over...

Ian F

Also, stay away from the likes of PinkBike, MTBR etc. the winning runs are all over...

I'm not saying it's easy to avoid spoilers - even on RedBullTV. But it's at least courteous not to add to it needlessly.

Crikey… everyone in the fucking world is on my case this week.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If he shaves that horrible mustache that is!
^This.
What in the Magnum PI/Just For Men fuck is that caterpillar on his lip?
A014A0BA-AF92-497C-92EB-E7933C764E8D.jpeg

oobaa47

What about all these awesome edits coming out during the world cup circus....

Ben Cathro
Wyntv
Fox's dialed series
The team videos
Elliot Jackson's new edits

That's some serious behind the scenes content right there....

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy

Ben Cathro
Wyntv
Fox's dialed series
The team videos

I haven't watched the Elliot Jackson stuff yet. Will check it out. Love the stuff with him and Adam Craig. Giant is probably amazed they can milk such great content from this payroll.

Ian F

The Fox Suspension "Dialed" series is great.

I'm surprised I haven't seen a race video from Intense yet. When Gwin was with YT, those videos were often the first to get released and from what I recall, Gwin brought that videographer with him. to IFR.

serviceguy

Ben Cathro
Wyntv
Fox's dialed series
The team videos

The Fox Suspension "Dialed" series is great.

I'm surprised I haven't seen a race video from Intense yet. When Gwin was with YT, those videos were often the first to get released and from what I recall, Gwin brought that videographer with him. to IFR.

I watched a few of the Dialed episodes during the weekend...patiently waiting for Jordi to pull a gun on Loris Vergier!

Ian F

I watched a few of the Dialed episodes during the weekend...patiently waiting for Jordi to pull a gun on Loris Vergier!

And the Dialed bits are just small snippets compared to how Loris tortures him in the Syndicate videos.

Ian F

I’m sure it’s supposed to be in good fun but the young fellow sounds a little annoying at times...

I'm sure there is a lot of editing for comedic effect at Loris' expense. It's been a running joke since last season at least, so I'm guessing he's OK with it.
edit: example - today is Loris birthday and on their IG feed, the Syndicate post was a joke about Nutella at his expense.

That said, in between the jokes and ribbing, there are some good nuggets of information about tuning that anyone can use.

Last edited:

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Fort Bill tomorrow! I'll be at the NICA race so I'll watch it tomorrow night, but Vergier, Pierron and Brosnan went fastest in quallies and Gwin was way down in 22nd. Nice to see Dakatoh Norton seeded high and nice to see Luca Shaw back and seeded pretty well (though not for him as he's mr. qualification). Charlie Harrison way back in 84th so something happened there. And not seeing Bruni at all??!!

serviceguy

Is it 'safe' to talk about the race yet?

Yep, Rob Warner still sporting the mustache, not sure if I got used to it or he had it professionally trimmed at a LBS, looks less offensive...am I the only one finding Claudio Caluori annoying?

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Is it 'safe' to talk about the race yet?

Yep, Rob Warner still sporting the mustache, not sure if I got used to it or he had it professionally trimmed at a LBS, looks less offensive...am I the only one finding Claudio Caluori annoying?

Maybe we'll give everyone one more day and then chat about the race. And yeah I don't value Claudio as much these days. Not offering much on top of rob.

Some big ups and downs yesterday. Definitely happy the course wasn't the giant mess I thought it would be.

Ian F

Did you see the video of Bruni's crash during qualifying? Holy shit! But that's why he was way down in the qualies. Still racing because the #1 plate means you're protected.

There are videos and IG sequences of a lot of guys going down hard during practice. One of the rock gardens up top was apparently really unforgiving if you got a bit off line. It says something about their fitness how they can get up and keep racing.

Top Bottom