Tourne County Park Conditions

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
52E17C64-9771-4E52-BAD2-180F5D968E91.png

Mtbdog

I think he may be talking of the Spring house on the blue trail in Rattlesnake meadow. Your spring is off teal on the other side. That part of Blue by Spring House is barely ever rideable due to swampy conditions during anything practically but a drought.

Mtbdog

I have a thing we call icebox cake. It is alternating layers of graham crackers and my-t fine chocolate pudding. A indulgence of my for as long as I can remember gets made every year. Veal and angel hair in a light sauce with whipped potatoes and corn niblets is my b-day dinner always. Hope I can move tomorrow!

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
I have a thing we call icebox cake. It is alternating layers of graham crackers and my-t fine chocolate pudding. A indulgence of my for as long as I can remember gets made every year. Veal and angel hair in a light sauce with whipped potatoes and corn niblets is my b-day dinner always. Hope I can move tomorrow!
Deleted due to Typo then was going to redo when I got pulled away. Sounds like it was a good day. Will be a casual ride. See ya tomorrow

notcho

Stopped raining earlier than expected so decided to check it out. Gravel climb was good and dry. However, trails are super saturated and muddy and there were already some fresh ruts etched into the ground. Best to stay away today unless you like hill repeats.

Last edited:

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
After the sun and wind today it’s rideable just don’t be an idiot. From the upper lot to the lake is fine. The turquoise? in the middle wasn’t great on the higher end, don’t even try the lower end. Didn’t do the rail bed or blue tech. So you can loop around from the upper lot to the mountain lakes side decently.

notcho

@notcho Matt I'm thinking of hitting it up this afternoon any ideas on trail conditions? What trail was marked closed? Thanks

Conditions will be good. Have a good time.

The closed trails are from the top of the Tourne coming down the middle of the gravel path. Long history here but this is a very sensitive part of the park as evidenced by MCPC signage and fencing. Any riding jeopardizes future MTB access to the park. I’ve noticed new tracks over the weekend and have seen some Strava activity recently.

94447763-3756-4653-9B80-D0A4A5BBF4A3.jpeg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions