Wild Cat Wednesday!

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Who is Keith?

A Wildcat Wednesday regular that happens to live like ten streets down from me. He went over the bars and got his bell rung last night. He says the helmet worked and he's ok.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
A Wildcat Wednesday regular that happens to live like ten streets down from me. He went over the bars and got his bell rung last night. He says the helmet worked and he's ok.

lame.
k.jpg

Ashcor

Wildcat Report:
Surprisingly dry given the amount of rain. The usual spots are damp but very little standing water. Telemark side really wet by lake Hudsonia. Lots of branches down, cleared whatever I came across.

The notable exception to the "mostly dry" is the blue trail head south of bat cave. The bridge at the first creek crossing (heading east from bat cave) got clogged up with debris, cause a dam and the whole trail flooded almost to the landscaper parking lot. I cleared as much as I could and it should drain now. It was over my hubs at one point.

Attachments

• IMG_6493[1].JPG
    IMG_6493[1].JPG
    181.1 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_6492[1].JPG
    IMG_6492[1].JPG
    189.7 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_6497[1].JPG
    IMG_6497[1].JPG
    179.7 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_6495[1].JPG
    IMG_6495[1].JPG
    179.8 KB · Views: 277

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Telemark side really wet by lake Hudsonia.

When it's really wet I've been bushwacking from Camp down to the Lake to avoid that really muddy spot. If you are coming down Camp, you can make a left right before the old tree stand just after those first steep switchbacks. It's rideable down once you kind of know where you are going. It's rideable up if you have a fat bike and some luck. I want to get in there with a rake to clean it up a bit, but it hasn't happened yet.

The notable exception to the "mostly dry" is the blue trail head south of bat cave. The bridge at the first creek crossing (heading east from bat cave) got clogged up with debris, cause a dam and the whole trail flooded almost to the landscaper parking lot. I cleared as much as I could and it should drain now. It was over my hubs at one point.

Haha, yeah I rode through that last week. I was barely able to keep my feet dry, and I almost went for a swim once or twice. I think Norm and Jason both tried to unclog it.

Ashcor

When it's really wet I've been bushwacking from Camp down to the Lake to avoid that really muddy spot. If you are coming down Camp, you can make a left right before the old tree stand just after those first steep switchbacks. It's rideable down once you kind of know where you are going. It's rideable up if you have a fat bike and some luck. I want to get in there with a rake to clean it up a bit, but it hasn't happened yet.

Haha, yeah I rode through that last week. I was barely able to keep my feet dry, and I almost went for a swim once or twice. I think Norm and Jason both tried to unclog it.

It was seriously deep. I’m pretty sure I got it unclogged. Found an old iron pipe and used it to leverage the big logs up then pulled them out and over.

It was flowing pretty good when I left

Ashcor

It was seriously deep. I’m pretty sure I got it unclogged. Found an old iron pipe and used it to leverage the big logs up then pulled them out and over.

It was flowing pretty good when I left
Ok..... so I’ve just been informed that apparently that wasn’t just a storm debris issue but an actual beaver dam. Nothing in it looked like the work of beavers (especially the obviously chainsaw cut logs) to me otherwise I would have left it.

So for future we shouldn’t mess with it. I’m sure they’ll have it dammed back up by tomorrow. ?

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So I dragged the Hightower out of the garage yesterday. I added sealant to the tires and pumped them up and then put the bike in my car. Haven't ridden it since November, so I'm bringing it to Wildcat tonight. What could go wrong?

Top Bottom