Fun Fridays 2019

notcho

Will PM address, wouldn’t want @Patrick raiding beer fridge while we are out (unless he wants to join!). It’s a mile on the road to the trailhead but will be good warmup for what we’ll be riding. Any time is good for me so what ever works for you.

Are you able to bring that medium fat bike? I ride a small but would love to try it out.

notcho

You basically want to do this:
https://www.strava.com/activities/2248231833

But you don't want to go do the stuff past Thomas Rd. So don't cross the big sewer pipe (you'll see when you get there). I think @notcho has ridden back there before and will probably know what I'm talking about. Once you get back out to the blue trail near Charlottesburg Rd and the reservoir, you can stay on that and take the easier trail back (boring) or you can follow my route above (awesome). It's an old moto trail that was recently cleaned up, but it still has 2-3 hike a bike spots.

After you go up and over the new ridge trail and loop back around, there is an old woods road you can take back up to the ridge trail. This is basically your bailout option if you don't feel like completing the loop. The rest of the loop from there is more like the trails you ride after the ridge, and less like the ridge.

https://www.strava.com/activities/2319124839

Note that a bunch of the trails have somewhat hidden entrances and exits where they cross the woods roads. Also note that you need to make sure you ride everything in the direction that I rode it. You can call me when you get lost if you need guidance.

So no climbing up Koehler Climb segment? I think the sewer pipe from that direction is before the climb if I remember correctly.

I don’t have a garmin at the moment so not sure if there is a way to track route on iPhone? I’m sure we’ll be ok tho, trails should be adequately marked and I’m sure there are no bears back there. We can just hang out in a cave if we get lost.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Will PM address, wouldn’t want @Patrick raiding beer fridge while we are out (unless he wants to join!). It’s a mile on the road to the trailhead but will be good warmup for what we’ll be riding. Any time is good for me so what ever works for you.

Are you able to bring that medium fat bike? I ride a small but would love to try it out.

yea i can bring it(ill have a full truck i guess :O), its a specialized which feels like it runs small to me (i usually ride a medium and this is too small, hence looking to sell it)

hows 9 sound? looks like we have about a 3 hour loop in store for us?

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So no climbing up Koehler Climb segment?

No, but if you make it out to the blue trail then you can go down the Koehler Climb to get back instead of taking the moto trail if you want.

I think the sewer pipe from that direction is before the climb if I remember correctly.

No, the sewer pipe is just before "Thomas Rd", 3.5 miles into the first ride I posted.

I don’t have a garmin at the moment so not sure if there is a way to track route on iPhone?

I don't know, but I assume Bill has a Garmin.

trails should be adequately marked

Yeah, blazes and trail maps at the intersections.

rick81721

Lothar
yea, too bad mom wont let you have the keys. . . . . but theres probably gonna be too much mud for you anyways ;)

Well??

images.jpeg

Top Bottom