Wilderness 101...who's in?

terrabike01

Who's in for this years Wilderness 101 in July?

Was looking for some suggestions for a local motel for the race.

xc62701

Yes the nearest hotel/motel options are in State College which is a PITA and it takes away from the whole scene. I'll be there suffering again this year and am looking forward to it. River beers are the best at the end.

terrabike01

You have to camp, it’s part of the experience. As the cadre boys told me when I did it “Trust me.”
LOL My idea of camping is sleeping in a local roach motel. I can barely sleep as it is. Sleeping in a tent and then pedalling for 100 miles doesnt sound like fun.

terrabike01

Yes the nearest hotel/motel options are in State College which is a PITA and it takes away from the whole scene. I'll be there suffering again this year and am looking forward to it. River beers are the best at the end.
Thanks brother. I seen those places in State College. Was wondering if there was a closer place i missed.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
LOL My idea of camping is sleeping in a local roach motel. I can barely sleep as it is. Sleeping in a tent and then pedalling for 100 miles doesnt sound like fun.

I said the same thing, but to echo what others before me have posted, it is the only way to do it.

You won't sleep well the night before anyway, so whats the difference? Nothing beats Chris softly banging the gong to wake up everyone in the AM.

terrabike01

I said the same thing, but to echo what others before me have posted, it is the only way to do it.

You won't sleep well the night before anyway, so whats the difference? Nothing beats Chris softly banging the gong to wake up everyone in the AM.
:DLOL

Eickelbt

I'm in. Should be really cool. I think I'm heading down there from central NY, but not 100 percent sure, I might be passing through NJ. I planned on car camping it- I have a minivan- but could bring a tent and keep a spot open on the rack if anyone needed to carpool.

JDurk

How technical is the W101 course? I've raced French Creek- similar to this?
Longer climbs and descents, and a few more rocks than FC. Never did W101 but just did TSE last week that uses a lot of the same trails.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
How technical is the W101 course? I've raced French Creek- similar to this?
Wilderness is pretty “easy” for an NUE tech wise. It does have a couple tough ones like “noname” and “baby”. It starts with 30-40 ish miles of gravel roads. Only the Stillhouse climb is steep and bitchy. The fact that it’s a 100 miles is the tough part, not the tech. A 100 mile mtb race is very mental when u get in a dark place. The good thing is well stocked aid stations. It will suck at times but u will survive.

Top Bottom