South jersey FR/DH? (Cinnaminson northshore)

N

NickPro

Anyone in SJ that rides DH/FR? More importantly, I live very close to where Cinnaminson northshore is supposed to be. I have been trying to find this, but will put in some bigger efforts in the winter when the trees are down. Anyone ridden this back in the day?

Thanks!

Ian F

Never heard of the Cinnaminson NS, but I live across the DE from you in Croydon... and would be interested in checking it out if you do find it.

N

NickPro

Even if I dont find it, I would still like to build some stuff back there. No one EVER goes back there so....

warcricket

Like a Jerk
if it's the place from mtbr, i hear it totally blows...
there's supposedly nothing there except a few pieces of rotten plywood...

as far as fr and what not, you'll prob have to build your own.

N

NickPro

so the south jersey FR scene is pretty much non existent right?

I do know about the bowl in Whissy, and will be going there when I get my deraileur hanger. Are there any other good spots there? (whissy)

N

NickPro

Even If I do build some stuff, I would not want to be the only one riding it. Would anyone else come and help build and stuff?

sixseven

I grew up in South Jersey (not far from Cinnaminson) and cant imagine anywhere at all that would be even close to being worthy of being called 'North Shore'. The terrain just isn't there.

Save your time/$, just go to Diablo and have a great time.

Someone built some freeride stuff at Rutgers (Kilmer Ecological Preserve) years ago and its just a collection of wood piles and soggy collapsed ladder bridges now. Its sad to see...I want to put energy into restoring it but alas, I am old and wise.

The place you speak of was probably a great place when it was built but the fact is that we are in NJ and its not the North Shore...and between the neighbors/cops and local burnouts, someone is likely to tear your hard work down. (and as you read these words I can hear you whisper 'goddamn Jersey sucks...' to yourself)

If you build it they will come. And then someone else will come to tear it down.

Just my 2 cents.

Ian F

There have been attempts at building stuff in NJ before. Back with Mountain Creek closed back in 2000, a few of the locals in Ramapo started building stuff. One of my buddies from S. Jersey was also involved. Some of it was pretty nuts (well over 10' drops). Then Mtn Creek/Diablo re-opened and I believe the trails fell into disrepair.

FWIW, I have some DH friends in the D.C. area. They have builT a number or DH-oriented trails in the Fredrick, MD area. But dispite having some decent trails within a short drive, they still make trips to Diablo a few times a year.

Last edited:

don

I always thought it would be rad to have a good light freeride/dirt jump/north shore area in NJ - or even a few (think of how many skateparks there are).

Diablo is a very good time but it's a bit of a drive for me and I don't have much time to get out these days with 3 young kids.

Something like Ray's but a little more freeride setup outside would be sweet. A controled environment and not having to do the building or mantenance - I'd have no problem paying. But I imagine NJ insurance rates being nutso (although I wonder how Diablo does it) for something like this.

sixseven

I heard a rumor that RAYSMTB was looking into a place out here. Never been to the one in Ohio but from what I have seen it looks like a lot of fun and I plan on going in the fall sometime.
I could see something like that taking off in NJ. The Diablo seasonal schedule/location is tough to make work, but an indoor park that is open in the evenings and thru the winter would be dreamy.

don

I heard a rumor that RAYSMTB was looking into a place out here. Never been to the one in Ohio but from what I have seen it looks like a lot of fun and I plan on going in the fall sometime.
I could see something like that taking off in NJ. The Diablo seasonal schedule/location is tough to make work, but an indoor park that is open in the evenings and thru the winter would be dreamy.

I've been to Ray's a couple of times. It's a very interesting and fun place just a big PITA to get out there either by car or plane.

I've been thinking what would be a great setup for NJ. We have some decent weather all year long and I thought an indoor/outdoor facility would be nice as real estate is so expensive here. I'd be very interested in that rumor about Ray's doing something here in NJ.

N

NickPro

I've been to Ray's a couple of times. It's a very interesting and fun place just a big PITA to get out there either by car or plane.

I've been thinking what would be a great setup for NJ. We have some decent weather all year long and I thought an indoor/outdoor facility would be nice as real estate is so expensive here. I'd be very interested in that rumor about Ray's doing something here in NJ.

Right across the river from me is where there used to be alot of industrial buildings. Im sure you could snap up an old warehouse for pretty cheap...

don

Right across the river from me is where there used to be alot of industrial buildings. Im sure you could snap up an old warehouse for pretty cheap...

yeah, sorta a pipe dream right now but you never know. I think there is quite a bit of real estate out there right now.

NJMX835

There have been attempts at building stuff in NJ before. Back with Mountain Creek closed back in 2000, a few of the locals in Ramapo started building stuff. One of my buddies from S. Jersey was also involved. Some of it was pretty nuts (well over 10' drops). Then Mtn Creek/Diablo re-opened and I believe the trails fell into disrepair.

FWIW, I have some DH friends in the D.C. area. They have builT a number or DH-oriented trails in the Fredrick, MD area. But dispite having some decent trails within a short drive, they still make trips to Diablo a few times a year.

I was back there over the summer, the stunts on that trail have definitly fallen into disrepair, all the wood looks very sketchy now & considering the size\height of some of it, you don't want it giving way under you.

Top Bottom