'09 Turners using DW link

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Maybe Turners just kinda stand for credible, no-nonsense mountain bikes to me and it's weird to see them with multi-pivots. I don't know. I like change most of the time. Cool Mojo shape, Chumba using CF chainstays, Cdale using a linkage, Ironhorse using ICT...

don

Very interesting. Not sure if I like the direction of the RFX with the curvy tubes. Wish he kept the lines of the 5-Spot and Flux which are beautiful looking frames.

I thought this pic was rad. I've been hoping Turner would make a low RFX "slopestyle" frame for years. I know he had that 4X frame a while ago but it was a just little too small for my tastes at the time. I'll have to check out EmptyBeer to see what's up with it (although it would be hard for me to sell me Sinister anytime soon).

http://www.turnerbikes.com/swf/news_img/kelly_blackbox2_lg.jpg

Last edited:

don

Maybe Turners just kinda stand for credible, no-nonsense mountain bikes to me and it's weird to see them with multi-pivots. I don't know. I like change most of the time. Cool Mojo shape, Chumba using CF chainstays, Cdale using a linkage, Ironhorse using ICT...

Yeah, credible, no-nonsense bikes that have a fantastic ride to them. Plus the level of CS from Turner (at least from what I read on MTBR) seemed great. He actually helped a buyer of my old RFX (that I bought used) when the new owner discovered a crack in the chainstay. I think the frame was 4 years old.

Weren't the Horst-Link Turners in a way multi-pivot? I know where you are coming from tho - and save for the RFX as mentioned I think the frames still have the straight forwardness of the Turner brand.

don

Weird but cool.

I am sure that specialized started flexing their muscles on the Horst link rights..

I think this looks better anyway.

I thought that Turner went with a "faux" bar design (aka TNT) a couple years ago and haven't had a Horst link design since.

A quick search on MTBR found this timeline - good read for anyone semi-interested in Turner: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=401703

I agree, I like the new rear end look (never mind the actual performance) of this design better as well.

And yes, change is good and Turner does do it - just a little at a time. The '02 RFX I had was a few years old when I got it and that thing rode very well. Many of those old Turner RFX's are still getting abused and they still look great to this day.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Maybe it's just this picture but...Where does the front derailleur go? E-Type? The new DHR looks pretty sick though...

don

Maybe it's just this picture but...Where does the front derailleur go? E-Type? The new DHR looks pretty sick though...

nah, Turner riders are core and just run 1x setups :)

But clicking onto each frame, on the spec sheet (for the 5 Spot) it says: "F. DER. - 34.9 {TRAD'L TOP-PULL}"

don

Why do that when you can get a nice used Horst version for less than half the sale price? :)

Did you post that on mtbr.com? I seem to remember that's a good place to sell Turners - you can cross ref in the Turner forum once you pay for the advert.

Also Ridemonkey if you haven't already and that site is free.

It looks like a very sweet bike and for $800 the buyer will be getting a LOT of quality for the dollar.

TonyC

change is good.. so i hear

J,
there's good change and bad change (quote; Rudy's speech last night)

I like the new look. I'm wondering if DT will come out with a lighter 3" 29er...
maybe in 2010?

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Did you post that on mtbr.com? I seem to remember that's a good place to sell Turners - you can cross ref in the Turner forum once you pay for the advert.

Also Ridemonkey if you haven't already and that site is free.

It looks like a very sweet bike and for $800 the buyer will be getting a LOT of quality for the dollar.

Thanks for the suggestions; yeah, those are on my list...I'm just a lazy a$$.

I figure when my '09 Reba 29er Team (w/Maxle Lite :)) comes in and I schlep down to Halters to pick it and my C29ssmax wheels up, the ump-teen hundred dollar bill for that might finally make me get going on moving it...

It is a very nice bike, alas, for me the SIR9 is a better configuration for where/how I ride.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
Weird but cool.

I am sure that specialized started flexing their muscles on the Horst link rights..

I think this looks better anyway.

Turner's 08 models don't have the Horst Link -- they redesigned it and put the pivot above the axle.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
Crazy. I guess this is why they were knocking $500 off the 08 frames. Man I wish I had the cake for one of those closeout 08 Spots or Fluxes.

http://www.turnerbikes.com/09home.html

Or, you could get one of these D-W links for about 1/2 the price...:D

giant_trance_x_frame_xl.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom