Wild Cat Wednesday!

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
yeah the motos in wildcat lately apparently only ride with the rear wheel spinning at 100 mph all the time...

Moto's are starting to tear up Oreland which sucks. I saw a (legit uniformed and armed) ranger hiking Oreland this weekend which was kinda cool, but he was more concerned with hunters. Still, nice to see some sort of presence out there.
I've ridden dirt bikes out there many a time in the past so I can't condemn. Maybe a sign or two on the single track? Could be the moto guys aren't aware of what they do to the little bit of singletrack we have.

Conditions were good yesterday, probably better today.

xc62701

My thoughts too, why not have some signs up? There's so many hours of work that get put in for one moto with an itchy throttle can destroy. I know it won't stop everyone but it may make some aware and help ease the issue.

68nova200

From what I have seen its a group of 3 guys in their teens, and a single 30's looking guy with the loudest pipes I've ever heard on a bike. They ride in full gear and don't ever stop when I try to flag them down.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
I run into motos at wildcat more than anywhere else. Recently three guys on righter mine. One guy on white. And a lot of evidence everywhere else. Oreland is a bummer since there’s a lot of work put into it.

68nova200

Best bet is to call the warden every time you see them. They will ask specific location and try to catch them in the act. If they get enough reports they might start to crack down. But its a fine line... with this wack job governor we have he'll probably just close the state lands to everything. I got a quad rider busted in december, saw the quad for sale on craigslist a week later. Probably to pay for the tickets he got.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The bummer is there's tons of fire road to play on. I'm not against riding, just don't dig up the ST.
Trying to find a number to call. Run by the DEP. Sounds like a bad idea.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
use the app....it takes a pic, reports time and location.

i can't find it now - i have no idea why....posted elsewhere i think

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have a hard time getting upset about this, as I often ride my bike places I'm not supposed to (allegedly). A couple of people doing it probably isn't a big deal, but if they all start telling their friends then it could become a real problem. I also wonder if it was moto riders that cut out that tree on Oreland.

The bummer is there's tons of fire road to play on.

Fire roads are boring.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not sure @JimN will share

sharing-is-caring.jpg

Top Bottom