What have you done to your bike today?

Danimal

If you decide you want a 27.5 Dorado, let me know. I have one for sale - cheap - as I just sold off my M16C. Did you do anything to limit travel so the tire doesn't bottom out on the crown?
Thanks for offer! All I did was throw the rim on there and sprinkle some Hope's and dreams that I have no issues. I'm not an extreme rider so i dont think I'll have an issue with bottoming but will verify before hitting trail

qclabrat

Thanks for offer! All I did was throw the rim on there and sprinkle some Hope's and dreams that I have no issues. I'm not an extreme rider so i dont think I'll have an issue with bottoming but will verify before hitting trail
did you empty the air and see if it hits the crown? That can't be a good thing while crushing rocks

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Smashed another rear derailleur at Wildcat and spent some time tweaking it back to shape. Pretty sure the cage bent however I never saw the angle of attack, just shifted badly after. I’m 1x10 now but have been thinking going 11 so might buy a new 11 speed SLX and run it 10 for now.

Had a spare hanger and swapped it, turned out to be a good thing as the original was badly corroded and almost galled the threads on the mount. So that was cool.

RetroGrouch

very nice, can you take a side rear pic with the full bike?

Pardon the comical spacer stack and untrimmed steerer. I don't cut anything until I'm ready. The spacers under the stem were about right for a conventional low rise bar. I'll take most of those spacers out to drop these bars about 1.5 inches.

bars3.jpg

bars2.jpg

bars1.jpg

qclabrat

Pulled off a 30mm NEXT crankset and would like to use it for another bike.
But the other bike has a threaded BB for 24mm spindles. Is what I need a BSA30 BB?
Been buying so many wrong bit based on poor GoogleFu lately, please educate me
1555419600745.png

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Pulled off a 30mm NEXT crankset and would like to use it for another bike.
But the other bike has a threaded BB for 24mm spindles. Is what I need a BSA30 BB?
Been buying so many wrong bit based on poor GoogleFu lately, please educate me
View attachment 93029

The RaceFace threaded bb for cinch cranks is what you want. Assuming your bike is threaded.

qclabrat

serviceguy

Last edited:

mtbiker87

I did this when i put my turbines on the knolly, as they came with a press fit bb30 when i got 'em. I have that tool as well if you cant arrange to meet Juggernaut quicker.

Top Bottom