Book of Paul H

serviceguy

The one on the bottom is a Puch. If you wanted to ride it as a bike, you would flip the lever to lift the engine off the front wheel. I did not care for it as a bike or a moped. As a bike it was just OK for flat surfaces but too heavy. As a moped you had to take an easy in the turns and keep a good grip on the bars for obvious reasons.
Don't know much about Austrian Puch but I don't think they ever produced anything similar to the front traction French Solex (which is what shows in the bottom picture picture). I'm familiar with Solex because my mother's cousin owned a few of those, he lives in France.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Don't know much about Austrian Puch but I don't think they ever produced anything similar to the front traction French Solex (which is what shows in the bottom picture picture). I'm familiar with Solex because my mother's cousin owned a few of those, he lives in France.
Your correct my error. I had both. The Velosolex was the front engine and the Puch was more conventional. Had many motorized vehicles in my earlier days.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Your correct my error. I had both. The Velosolex was the front engine and the Puch was more conventional. Had many motorized vehicles in my earlier days.

ok - i gotta ask. where were you riding these?
mostly cause i'm nosy and want to know your past, and secondly, cause i've never seen them other than the internet.
(feel free not to answer - i'll just make shit up in my head, along with the rest of the shit i make up)

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
ok - i gotta ask. where were you riding these?
mostly cause i'm nosy and want to know your past, and secondly, cause i've never seen them other than the internet.
(feel free not to answer - i'll just make shit up in my head, along with the rest of the shit i make up)
I had many motorized toys starting at a very young age, go carts, dirt bikes, street bikes, cars.... Can always swap stories in person... Don’t like to post too much info on an open forum ?

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
My hoarding mentality finally paid off!
The M785 rear brake hose was short and I had a new hose saved in my Jenson cart but I remembered I had saved a hose from the SLX brakes that moved from the Talon to the defunct Trance 2 years ago. Sure enough... go thru my boxes and its there! It is still a tad bit short but nothing to complain about. Yay! saved $25!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
My hoarding mentality finally paid off!
The M785 rear brake hose was short and I had a new hose saved in my Jenson cart but I remembered I had saved a hose from the SLX brakes that moved from the Talon to the defunct Trance 2 years ago. Sure enough... go thru my boxes and its there! It is still a tad bit short but nothing to complain about. Yay! saved $25!

there are lighter hoses tho :D:D:D:D

serviceguy

Move over Italy we have a real American here
We have eagles in Italy too. They're not bald though...they're royal!
27295790519_5002bf4ca6_b.jpg

qclabrat

My Spearfish as it's ridden. 2 full bottles. Tube. Tool kit. Top tube bag. Garmin. There's a pump and food in the bag. Seems a bit heavy but I don't ride with a Camelback or bring anything else with me. I much prefer the weight on the bike.

View attachment 93018View attachment 93019
what kind of matchy pedals are on there?
I really like the new carbon molds. Having two bottles is just right for lots of my rides. That's a trend I'd buy into

serviceguy

what kind of matchy pedals are on there?
I really like the new carbon molds. Having two bottles is just right for lots of my rides. That's a trend I'd buy into
I have about 6 frames that come with provision for double bottles. Let me know, everything has a price!

Top Bottom