Sirius XM - Is there a Bluetooth device?

Johnny Utah

Okay, here is the catch.....I know it can be run from my phone but I will be in the desert and my phone will not have reception. That being said my rig is setup to pull tunes from a Bluetooth device such as an iPod or a Phone. Does Sirius make a device that sends a Bluetooth signal? I see they have a few devices but it is unclear to me as I am tech illiterate.

Anyone own or have experience with a device like this? @Patrick I feel like you may have some info on this.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
standby, i'll check.

i would think there is an SXM add-on for whatever head unit you have. (expensive, and might be a pain to install)
And if your head unit has an aux-in most all of the aftermarket sxm radios have aux out.

reaching out to a few people now.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Does your head unit have a standard AUX in? You can use a regular sirius unit and just plug it into your head unit with an AUX cable..(what I do with my wifes older subaru).or plug a BT transmitter into the sirius radio and transmit that way

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have a Bluetooth AUX receiver you can has if it helps with anything. I used it in my other car to play songs via Bluetooth from phone.

Patrick

Staff member
Word is to use a BT transmitter plugged into the aux-out of the sxm radio.
problem is both need to be powered - sxm radio does not use usb power.

which head unit do you have?

Johnny Utah

Does your head unit have a standard AUX in? You can use a regular sirius unit and just plug it into your head unit with an AUX cable..(what I do with my wifes older subaru).or plug a BT transmitter into the sirius radio and transmit that way
So for some reason half my speakers work with an aux in, 100% while on Bluetooth

Johnny Utah

Word is to use a BT transmitter plugged into the aux-out of the sxm radio.
problem is both need to be powered - sxm radio does not use usb power.

which head unit do you have?
It is an SsV works, it is a waterproof unit meant for UTV’s as the application is really just a larger UTV. Lots of shock load, vibration mud and water

Patrick

Staff member
OK - waterproof, and can take a beating.
this reminds me of marine applications -

there is no SXM Connect module for SSV Works. industry standard interface, so i'm surprised. perhaps because it is
specific to north america?

the marine application that are not SXM-Connect are cases for the add-on head-units, and special antenna, which then use the aux cable -
if you have FM in your unit, the SXM units have an FM modulator - so can bridge to the radio that way.
the aftermarket units have crappy mounting options - suction cup, or small screws, and are not shock resistant.

this is an ugly solution for a high end vehicle...although it could be stashed in the glove compartment, with a customizable foam kit.

https://smile.amazon.com/SiriusXM-SXPL1V1-Satellite-Vehicle-Streaming/dp/B00I59XQKO/ref=sr_1_2?crid=ZQAMPQBOTRQE&keywords=sirius+car+kit&qid=1554890894&s=gateway&sprefix=sirius+c,aps,144&sr=8-2

if you really want to go BT only, then add

https://smile.amazon.com/TROND-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Simultaneously-CD-Player/dp/B01B4W40VC/ref=sr_1_1?crid=19U510AYI0OBF&keywords=bt+transmitter+with+3.5+mm+jack&qid=1554891169&s=gateway&sprefix=bt+tran,aps,145&sr=8-1

So for some reason half my speakers work with an aux in, 100% while on Bluetooth

weird. sounds like you have a bad aux cable, and are only getting half of the stereo input.

Johnny Utah

OK - waterproof, and can take a beating.
this reminds me of marine applications -

there is no SXM Connect module for SSV Works. industry standard interface, so i'm surprised. perhaps because it is
specific to north america?

the marine application that are not SXM-Connect are cases for the add-on head-units, and special antenna, which then use the aux cable -
if you have FM in your unit, the SXM units have an FM modulator - so can bridge to the radio that way.
the aftermarket units have crappy mounting options - suction cup, or small screws, and are not shock resistant.

this is an ugly solution for a high end vehicle...although it could be stashed in the glove compartment, with a customizable foam kit.

https://smile.amazon.com/SiriusXM-SXPL1V1-Satellite-Vehicle-Streaming/dp/B00I59XQKO/ref=sr_1_2?crid=ZQAMPQBOTRQE&keywords=sirius+car+kit&qid=1554890894&s=gateway&sprefix=sirius+c,aps,144&sr=8-2

if you really want to go BT only, then add

https://smile.amazon.com/TROND-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Simultaneously-CD-Player/dp/B01B4W40VC/ref=sr_1_1?crid=19U510AYI0OBF&keywords=bt+transmitter+with+3.5+mm+jack&qid=1554891169&s=gateway&sprefix=bt+tran,aps,145&sr=8-1

weird. sounds like you have a bad aux cable, and are only getting half of the stereo input.
Thank you sir!!!! Sounds like I will wait and switch the head unit out when I re-do the stero.

I am thinking it may be the cable as well, I will try a new one when I get out there.

GreenMachine

Just a sidenote - I just called XM , who I've had since its inception and told them I'm cxl'ing - they refunded me $132 and cut my fees for two radios $50 for 6 months ...then you call back and do the same shat ...

I also did it with Cablevision on the internet price which went up to an absurd $117 a month - they are much much tougher to crack than XM - I called 4 times and they knocked it down to $74 ... but XM they do give you whatever to stay - great service btw sirius/xm I'd never wanna be without it ...

Patrick

Staff member
Just a sidenote - I just called XM , who I've had since its inception and told them I'm cxl'ing - they refunded me $132 and cut my fees for two radios $50 for 6 months ...then you call back and do the same shat ...

I also did it with Cablevision on the internet price which went up to an absurd $117 a month - they are much much tougher to crack than XM - I called 4 times and they knocked it down to $74 ... but XM they do give you whatever to stay - great service btw sirius/xm I'd never wanna be without it ...

Thanks for the update - we have been tracking SXM best deals over here: http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/threads/sirius-xm-chatter.39737/

Top Bottom