Wawayanda State Park Conditions

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Sweet conditions today!
B788126F-7AA8-44FB-8E94-58B8180DB280.jpeg

sundaydoug

Great fun on the snowy trails this morning, snowmobile tracks were awesome.
A few problems, like going off trail, ans some soft mushy spots, but that was minimal.
7 miles wore me out!

Nice Pete. Which trails at Wawayanda are usually packed down with snowmobile tracks?

Kaleidopete

Had the best snow ride of the year today. Once I got past the hikers post holes.
They were both icy and snowy. Tires griped great and only sank about 1/4 inch into snow in most places.
I wanted to keep going, but my legs said quit. About 8 miles on trails was about all I had in me.
Iron Mountain tr.
Dsc02170.jpg

Double Pond Tr
Dsc02172.jpg

chris12453

I am not sure about right now, but there were blow downs and water blockages on Hofferlin and Double Pond. I am told Beaver Dams. This was in late November timeframe. Not sure if anyone got there.

onetracker

Pete-What is Wayway looking like? Headed up to do some TM today and wondering how much snow/ice gear we need. Thx.

Kaleidopete

Pete-What is Wayway looking like? Headed up to do some TM today and wondering how much snow/ice gear we need. Thx.
Not much snow/ice today. Still frozen trails at 7 AM though.

Tree across Laurel up by Cherry ridge, it looks like someone cut one out and left one. Maybe as a challenge?
Dsc02213.jpg

I cut a small one out that was across Sitting Bear by South End.
Dsc02214.jpg

Dsc02215.jpg

Black Eagle needs some work, this is one.
Dsc02207.jpg

chris12453

@V-Dub

I agree with you on that one. But I might extend that to 2 weeks. I live around the corner. The park has been holding a lot of water since last summer. Usually takes a while after the snows to dry up good.

Kaleidopete

Heading up today for the xterra slowmo course prep/preview. Will be my first time at Wawayanda I’ll let you guys know how it goes ??
Nice riding with you today Erik!
I too did the Xterra TM & pre-ride, it really kicked my butt today. I rode better than usual though. (Peer pressure)
There were about 14 of us. Some trees/logs were removed from South End trail and the coarse should flow great now.
It was a great group of riders, amazing skills and power. A big thanks to everyone!

Dsc02263.jpg
Dsc02265.jpg
Dsc02266.jpg
Dsc02267.jpg

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions