Lewis Morris Conditions

TPI_Elky

You couldn't even lie to me :|

Weather was perfect this morning, but the trails were variable. I rode the big loop from the little lot by the lake (counter clockwise). Going out the fire roads were iced over and lumpy like baby heads. Sucked. Couldn't get up some of the climbs on the back side because of similar surfaces.

After the lot at the far end things were better. Lots of dirt, all frozen. switch backs were mostly covered with crunchy snow, but fun to ride. Only one get off.

Did a quick spin on Patriots Path just west of the lot at the end. That was getting soft in spots.

Full Disclosure: I was riding on 4" 4NRTH Dillinger 120TPI studded and that made all the difference. I saw some 3" tire tracks so someone else was out there.

Aresab310

formerly RSabarese
Has anyone been to LewMo later this week (Thurs/Fri after the last poster)? I was hoping to go there on Sunday, thoughts?

Shorepoints

Still better off riding the fatty now, instead of a 29’er?
No, most of the trails are good. You should avoid the muddy sections regardless of the bike you ride. Just stay away from the typical zones that get muddy at Lewmo. Fortunately there really aren't too many of those zones.

qclabrat

No, most of the trails are good. You should avoid the muddy sections regardless of the bike you ride. Just stay away from the typical zones that get muddy at Lewmo. Fortunately there really aren't too many of those zones.
Are you talking about the northern most section of red?

FitmanNJ

Rode again this afternoon. Even better 90%+ primo dirt. Too bad tomorrow’s a washout.
I was at the LewMo upper parking lot early this afternoon and was about to ride when two guys came back to their car after their ride. Their bikes were pretty heavily covered in mud; they felt mislead by the earlier reports of great conditions and that it was very muddy in more than just a few spots. I decided to forego riding there and drove over to Round Valley.

So, I didn't see the actual trail conditions myself, but these guys' bikes were a muddy mess. Are you sure that you aren't being a little overly positive about the conditions at LeMo?

Shorepoints

I was at the LewMo upper parking lot early this afternoon and was about to ride when two guys came back to their car after their ride. Their bikes were pretty heavily covered in mud; they felt mislead by the earlier reports of great conditions and that it was very muddy in more than just a few spots. I decided to forego riding there and drove over to Round Valley.

So, I didn't see the actual trail conditions myself, but these guys' bikes were a muddy mess. Are you sure that you aren't being a little overly positive about the conditions at LeMo?
I am sure it was very good. Little to no mud on my route. One slightly soft section but everything else was good. Perhaps they found a muddy section I didn’t. It was really good this afternoon. Even since Sunday they regraded a fire road that was wet and even cut down a fallen tree blocking the trail on the little loop north of the parking lot. Moot point now because looks like 1” of rain tomorrow.

qclabrat

I am sure it was very good. Little to no mud on my route. One slightly soft section but everything else was good. Perhaps they found a muddy section I didn’t. It was really good this afternoon. Even since Sunday they regraded a fire road that was wet and even cut down a fallen tree blocking the trail on the little loop north of the parking lot. Moot point now because looks like 1” of rain tomorrow.
do you have a Strava of your route? Might head over this weekend

Shorepoints

Here you go. Keep in mind all bets are off with the rain today.
D7524CE3-D39E-4A24-8561-8F731BFD6E64.jpeg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions