What have you done to your bike today?

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Charger 2 upgrade to my big bikes pike

20190302_181541.jpg

Ron

Well let’s see if this works....

The Salsa use to be the wife’s bike. She just never was fully comfortable on it. So she went to Marty’s to ride the Roscoe, well she went there to drop off a flier for the Warren County NICA team. So now we will play with seat height and stem length to get her fully settled in. And the salsa feels great. Snow riding in the backyard is great on flats.

Attachments

• 76CC4E08-7DB1-4CD8-80BB-43187FA3F3BF.jpeg
    76CC4E08-7DB1-4CD8-80BB-43187FA3F3BF.jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 231

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Well let’s see if this works....

The Salsa use to be the wife’s bike. She just never was fully comfortable on it. So she went to Marty’s to ride the Roscoe, well she went there to drop off a flier for the Warren County NICA team. So now we will play with seat height and stem length to get her fully settled in. And the salsa feels great. Snow riding in the backyard is great on flats.
So being that you went to Htown LBS means your local and is the wife Amy?

RetroGrouch

Not "to" my bike, for my bike

I took off my engineer hat and donned my industrial design chapeau to design something more comfortable for some distance riding and/or bikepacking. I wanted more sweep but without sacrificing reach as is typical of high sweep alt bars. Most alt bars lack needed rise and head tubes are too damn short.

jerseybar6.jpg

jerseybar7.jpg

RetroGrouch

The CAD jockey work was a few weeks ago. All I did today was open the box.

jerseybar10.jpg

My hands should reach to almost the same place as they were for this conventional riser bar, depending on how I roll the bar.

jerseybar11.jpg

Dan at Defiance Frameworks built this according to my drawings. If I put enough miles on this bar, I might eventually have him make it in titanium with any desired tweaks. This bar isn't light thanks to its 4130 ChroMoly construction but I will probably never break it.

EDIT: 31.8 lower tube means no shim!

qclabrat

The CAD jockey work was a few weeks ago. All I did today was open the box.

jerseybar10.jpg

My hands should reach to almost the same place as they were for this conventional riser bar, depending on how I roll the bar.

jerseybar11.jpg

Dan at Defiance Frameworks built this according to my drawings. If I put enough miles on this bar, I might eventually have him make it in titanium with any desired tweaks. This bar isn't light thanks to its 4130 ChroMoly construction but I will probably never break it.

EDIT: 31.8 lower tube means no shim!
very nice, can you take a side rear pic with the full bike?

Top Bottom