gyro bob's

anrothar

entirely thrilled
this is the perfect little eatery after a ride at mooch north, from the waterloo or cranberry lake lots, if you're heading back east. i just had lunch there and it was by far the best fallafel i've ever eaten, and my sister was raving about her chicken gyro, which according to several sources is the best in the land. it's not the cleanest of eateries, but you wont be the cleanest of patrons after a ride at the mooch either. looks like a little hole in the wall, but the food is fresh and deliscious and very reasonably priced. the owner cris opened the place in 1976 and has been the sole proprietor and head chef since. he's always got is 70's caddy parked out front too. don't worry if you can't understand half of the words that come out of his mouth, as i'm relatively sure even he doesn't.

from waterloo rd, take a right onto 206 south. through the next light and you really can't miss the sign on the right hand side, but if you make it inot the trade zone, you've gone too far.

euphoria

and when you call, he yells "TASTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY"

i think thats cuz it used to be called tasty family resteraunt :)

and his son will deliver to your basement doors when your too hung over to make it out in the sunlight for food...

Dean S

i LOVE the old man's gyros, hes got magic gyro hands. The son made the best italian hot dogs but I dont see him there anymmore.

B

ByramBrooke

word of advice... don't eat inside you will stink like gyro's all day! but there food is not to be missed!

idbrian

Crotch Rot
That place called Salt that is on the way to Kittatiny looks pretty cool. Saw some cool beers advertised outside and they have a bike hanging out front which seemed to hint to me that "we are bike rider friendly."

D

DANSPANK

I finally saw Gyro Bobs on the way home from KVSP on Sunday. I remembered this thread and called in. Pretty bloody tasty. You may not want to watch the guy make it for you thogh. Utencils? Who needs utencils?

J

Jeff

That place called Salt that is on the way to Kittatiny looks pretty cool. Saw some cool beers advertised outside and they have a bike hanging out front which seemed to hint to me that "we are bike rider friendly."

It's owned by a real good guy who used to Chef at my uncle's place. A bit pricey, but if you're into good music and a beer on Saturday it's definitely good for that. Same guy plays every week and plays Beatles, James Taylor, Neil Diamond, etc.. Played Rocky Rackoon for me on request! Also saw a bunch of bikely folks there after JORBA fest. Anyhoo, the pork chop entree was 18 bucks and they were out of clam chowder, but if you can handle that it's a nice place to relax.

Takedown

Went to Salt a few weeks ago with the wife after seeing it on my way out to MTBing a few weeks prior. Amazing food and beer, the prices are good for what you get. I went out to Jim Thorpe and on the way back I stopped at some local bar and grill before hitting the highway and man that was highway robbery and the food was nothing to mention. As for Gyro Bob....I love him, best Gyros this side of the Hudson :)

idbrian

Crotch Rot
I want to hit up salt after my next Kittatiny ride. The micro brew beer signs out front attract me like a bug zapper.

euphoria

Went to Salt a few weeks ago with the wife after seeing it on my way out to MTBing a few weeks prior. Amazing food and beer, the prices are good for what you get. I went out to Jim Thorpe and on the way back I stopped at some local bar and grill before hitting the highway and man that was highway robbery and the food was nothing to mention. As for Gyro Bob....I love him, best Gyros this side of the Hudson :)

takedown, next time in JT, you gotta get a burger @ molly mcguires in town...

Takedown

Thanks Euphoria for the recommendation, I was thinking I might go to JT for the fall foliage with the family for some casual riding. I really like JT, it's like a little biking Mecca. It was my first time there and for some reason I imagined only hard core hammer headed MTB zealots rode in JT, I was surpised to see so many families just hanging out and riding together. Really really nice place :)

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions