Things that make you smile :)

rick81721

Lothar
was it? that doesnt include any direction information from which to base that! ask me about the guy who we knocked down a couple pegs (literally) next time i see you.

Does anyone think a road, non-climbing KOM is ever set into a headwind? Of course they are wind assisted - or else in a line of multiple slipstreaming cyclists.

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Finding out the push coil kit for my pike had the wrong top out shaft causing 10mm extra height . Push was quick to resolve and for my troubles sending a low friction seal / service kit for free . ?

Kaleidopete

In the mid-1800s, shipwrecks were a common and scary event. Imagine being in a shipwreck and being saved with a Francis Life Car. Designed and patented by Joseph Francis of Toms River, NJ around 1843, he was the first person to use iron in the construction of life boats. The U.S. government declined to fund his metal boats, so he began his own business on the Jersey Shore, near Long Branch. His life car was put to the test on January 12, 1850 during a blinding snowstorm. 200 of 201 on board the British emigrant ship Ayrshire were saved just south of Long Branch.

Here's how it worked: From the beach, someone from a lifesaving station would use a Lyle gun to shoot ropes out to a ship, which would then be tied to the ship’s mast. The life car was attached to, and pulled, along these lines. Up to four people were placed lying flat into the airtight compartment and hauled through the rough waters to the shore.

Within four years, 2,500 lives and a large amount of valuable cargo had been saved by Francis' Life-Boats and Life-Cars. This one is on display in Tuckerton, New Jersey.

53274786_2076971802397969_1950896144389242880_n.jpg

rick81721

Lothar
If you are into puzzles (apparently only @w_b on this board) try an escape room. Wifey and I tried one with a couple from down our street. They had 3 rooms - one easy, one medium, one hard. We tried the medium room. I was afraid it would be too easy.... not. Had 1 hr to solve 9 puzzles that open 9 locks. We got 6 before running out of time. Lots of fun, seems the other groups had larger teams - 6 to 8 people is probably the way to go so you have more eyeballs looking for clues and solving the puzzles.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If you are into puzzles (apparently only @w_b on this board) try an escape room. Wifey and I tried one with a couple from down our street. They had 3 rooms - one easy, one medium, one hard. We tried the medium room. I was afraid it would be too easy.... not. Had 1 hr to solve 9 puzzles that open 9 locks. We got 6 before running out of time. Lots of fun, seems the other groups had larger teams - 6 to 8 people is probably the way to go so you have more eyeballs looking for clues and solving the puzzles.

We used to do puzzles all the time, but it has faded a bit in the last year though D just did one this past weekend.

We did an escape room last year with the kids and their friends. It was definitely enjoyable. Good, clean, not cheap, but fun for sure. We got out in 50 (of 60) minutes but I have no idea what level of complexity it was.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My freshmen said that was me...I laughed and then gave them all Saturday detention ??

think you were supposed to do that the other way around, specifically laughing after they left so they didnt know about it ;)

Kaleidopete

Union Pacific 4012 at Steamtown National Historic Site in Scranton, Pennsylvania. It is known as a 4-8-8-4 Big Boy.
It was built by the American Locomotive Company in November 1941 and retired from service in 1962.
The Big Boys were the longest, largest, and most powerful steam locomotives in the world.
Steamtown's 4012 is 132'-10" long. Twenty-five of these locomotives were built prior to and during World War II.
It is one of eight of its type to survive. It is currently set up as a static display.

53582139_2083640961731053_3713753951930155008_o.jpg

Top Bottom