2019 MTBNJ Events

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@KenS and I have talked about this. Other than the obvious fact that Ken did this because a) he hates us (me personally) and b) he hates baby kittens, there are a lot of reasons why the grass is always greener on the other side. On the surface, yeah it would seem to make sense to have the NJ MTB schedule and NJ NICA schedule compliment each other, not to conflict.

However, the real aim of NICA is to get the kids out on bikes and if the season had been a fall-based season in 2018, I can imagine 4 of the 5 races would have been cancelled. That would be worse than having to deal with conflicts.

In the end, it is what it is. More choice is better than less, no?

Davis1451

Putting this out there now because we know what they are:

March 3: Short Track #1
March 10: Short Track #2
March 17: Short Track #3

April 28: Mooch Madness
May 11: Stewart Poison Ivy Mousetrap

The short track races will be weather-dependent, as always. The bottom 2 races will be part of the H2H series as they were last year. Once we get some reg stuff worked out and posted, we'll put links up and let you know what you are in for.

Thanks for the continued support!

Quick Questions: Location of the STXC races? Categories and times for each? The gas tank is pretty small while the trunk is large after the winter....

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Quick Questions: Location of the STXC races? Categories and times for each? The gas tank is pretty small while the trunk is large after the winter....
The STXC races are located at Allamuchy in the Boy Scout camp.
We have sport and advanced categories as well as kids racing. Sport races are usually around 45min, advanced races are a bit longer. These races are typically held in morning hours, 9am and 10ish. We will have details up on Bike Reg once reg opens.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
What is the curse like for the short track ?

it's not good.

1550960561573.png

if you meant course, it is a loop around a lake.

sometimes clockwise, sometimes counter....sometimes lakeside, sometimes not.

https://www.strava.com/activities/888914343
https://www.strava.com/activities/897445098

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
What is the curse like for the short track ?
It's not too technical for Allamuchy, it's not Allaire but the course is designed for beginners to expert. The faster you go, the more fun you have;)
I'd ask that folks stay off the course until the race, this is private property owned by the BSA. If you want to run a lap morning of race, there will be plenty of time for that, it's a quick loop.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@jShort what class were you racing ?

Crazy men / the fast one.... Beginner and sport won't look like that.

The non snow clip was when I got a flat, stopped at my car, got a co2, tire held then I got back and turned myself inside out to make up spots. The snow clip I was running 4Th overall trying to keep pace with some very fast dudes.

Top Bottom