New to Racing

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hello, I have been cycling for the last three years (road) and used to race MTB in high school (now 41yrs). Would like to relive the experience. :)

Any suggestions for races in North Jersey area? (preferably "close" to 07675 - under 100 miles)
Step right up, this has your name all over it. If you can't make this one, there are two more on each following Sunday.
https://www.bikereg.com/41796

qclabrat

Do I need UCI license for these races? Where can I get it? I was checking out the UCI page and got "lost" in it trying to find it...
no for short track, yes to the H2H series (at least pretty sure of this)

This is great! Question: (if you are familiar with the course) - I have a hard tail bike - will that be ok for the terrain?
where you riding now? Should be fine, it's not too technical

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
you need at least a day of license for H2H races ($10 i believe)

EDIT: also... no license for the short track races

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Do I need UCI license for these races? Where can I get it? I was checking out the UCI page and got "lost" in it trying to find it...
Hardtale for racing is fine.
No license required for Short Track, sign up for Silly Sport
Assuming you race cat 3 or cat 2, you can get a day of license in H2H, I think. Cat 3 is like cat 5 roadie, cat 2 is equivalent to cat 4 roadie. Cat 1 mtb is like cat 3 roadie, Pro mtb open class is Pro, cat 1/2 roadie.

iman29

+1 on the Short Track race series for beginners.

As a fellow roadie with limited MTB experience the ST races are great and no one takes it too seriously (well i dont anyway). Hopefully we dont get snowed out again this year like last year. My 8+ year old 26" Hardtail MTB is all I got, so I just let it rip (or walk) and hopefully like last time only 5 people show up and 2 people DNF which gave me 3rd place in one of the races.

pygmypony

Hardtale for racing is fine.
No license required for Short Track, sign up for Silly Sport
Assuming you race cat 3 or cat 2, you can get a day of license in H2H, I think. Cat 3 is like cat 5 roadie, cat 2 is equivalent to cat 4 roadie. Cat 1 mtb is like cat 3 roadie, Pro mtb open class is Pro, cat 1/2 roadie.

jumping into this thread here as well, as i'm "racing curious" and have added, "enter a MTB race before i turn 50" on my 50 things before i turn 50 list (i turn 49 this year).

anyway, i've never raced, ever, but i've been riding MTB for a long long time...Silly Sport or Beginner?

qclabrat

jumping into this thread here as well, as i'm "racing curious" and have added, "enter a MTB race before i turn 50" on my 50 things before i turn 50 list (i turn 49 this year).

anyway, i've never raced, ever, but i've been riding MTB for a long long time...Silly Sport or Beginner?
that's not even close, Silly Sport for sure

Top Bottom