A reminder on what will for sure be a hot topic...

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Didn't sound like he was jumping to any conclusion, just pointing out that he posted that he has cameras here and then one went missing. Hopefully the timing is just a coincidence.

i sure hope so. I understand the thought that its a pretty significant coincidence but the location info wasnt posted here so . . .

68nova200

Yeah I'm leaning towards the kids that hike around... Like I said not blaming anyone. I didn't post location info for what should be obvious reasons. I hunt many WMAs and don't want to call anyone out specifically. That being said... if I find the ride on strava (if they tracked it) I'll be sending an email. haha

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Maybe the guy you posted saw his mugshot here and tried to destroy the evidence. I’d imagine he’d be able to retrace his ride and find the camera if he tried. On the flip side, my dad has his cameras tampered with all the time....even on private land. There will always be punk kids in the woods looking for shenanigans.

Bleeder

JORBA:President
So if it’s sunday I’m good. We had a hunter get pissy in Mahlon wma (same guy as jim?) and I had the same thought. If you’re going to get annoyed at people using an established trail nearby your hunting setup maybe you’re in the wrong spot.

All that said as an outdoors person and a gun owner, hunters are a large and vocal group mostly on my side. So if I can do something to accommodate them I certainly will.

No. Hunting is allowed in WMA's on Sundays.

Hunting is prohibited in PARKS on Sundays.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
No. Hunting is allowed in WMA's on Sundays.

Hunting is prohibited in PARKS on Sundays.

I think Dave meant that we are good in terms of we are allowed to ride on Sundays. I think the reason we are allowed to ride on Sunday is because there used to be no hunting on Sundays on WMA land, but now there is. I could be wrong about that though.

Kaleidopete

I met up with squirrel hunters today on the trail, t said they haven't seen any.
As I rode away, then the gun went off

one piece crank

Regarding NJ Hunting, you will have to do a little research to figure out all the legal hunting regulations. I use this link for 2019-2020 Hunting & Trapping Digest (excerpts below were pulled from this link).

Deer Hunting

First, you have to determine your ZONE:

Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 9.37.01 AM.png

Next, look up your Zone Regulation Set. For my local trails (Zone 11) I use Regulation Set #8

Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 9.42.39 AM.png

The very first link posted above also contains information and tables on the other specific Hunting programs for Bear, Small Game, Special Permits, Special Areas (U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, National Wildlife Refuge System), and other Public lands. Every Fall it takes me a while to locate the current online version of that link, but it's the Bible to avoid getting shot!

Be safe out there!

Last edited:
Top Bottom