The Original BIYF 18/19

Mtbdog

02/10
0:53
Bonus
0:53

Sunrise Before 7

Lost 10 min since I didnt hit start, Core Creek has some 6 mile style ruts. Not sure who thinks riding where you leave 2" deep ruts is fun.

02/11
2:11
Bonus
2:11

This Delays School
4Zjc2QfQ4T4YG9nZuLLGGwXaY1r3oT8hUDNux61fFtw-1492x2048.jpg
Nice, time and date:thumbsup:. I see what you did there!

liong71er

BIYF#14

Date:2-10-2019

Ride Time:13:07:22

Https://strava.app.link//ewatx6RQdU

Pictures/Story
Not much to tell about
Except,that my low back pain comeback again after such a long time vacuum,I think I pulled the nerves during my work day pulling a pallet with handjack
But,with few stretches it does a little bit better so I can continue the rides

It was colder and a tad windy today
Rode my regular NYC century Route
Mixing of city’s park trails,greenway and painted bike lane
Passing through Bronx
I always love visiting this neighborhood and Harlem too,always fascinating exploring those neighborhoods

Then head over the RFK bridge onto Queens
Queens,in this part kinda boring for me
Except Flushing Main Street this is where all diversity is in motion in single areas but not to mentioned other,such as Jamaica whereas lots of India and African folks lives
In the meantime in Flushing and it’s neighboring are mostly occupied by hispanic and Asian
Elmhurst has some pocket of Indonesian community too where I can stop by to enjoying my hometown foods

Now,leaving Flushing
I veered into Kissena park to pick up Cunningham MTB park only 4 miles away from Main st Flushing
Rode the Loop then continue to alley pond park by riding on Brooklyn-Queens greenway trails
This is a hidden gem not many cyclist knows this
Look it up, not a dirt trails but a paved path that some part of it using city streets linking them altogether with city’s park trails,I use this a lot to link it with my own route

After the Brooklyn-Queens trails ended in Bellaire,Queens
Took another Bike Route on the street this time but with painted bike lane
This will lead me to Rockaway beach
So,I have now reaching Town of Howard Beach
Then continue onto Rockaway Beach
I rode the half frozen sandy beach to reach Jacob Riis national park plenty people’s walking by the beach accompanied by their pets or love ones

Meanwhile I just accompanied by my beloved bicycle
Wanted to see sunset
But not today I guess
So,I kept cranking until reaching coney island
From here I took the Ocean parkway trail or walkway or greenway whatever you call it
This is the safer way to bike on although must pay attention to the traffic lights changes and Turning vehicles
It is protected from traffic it is goes right in the middle of the parkway kinda like protected sidewalk that you can ride on also to walk on.

This greenway maybe close to 4 mile long it link to prospect park in Brooklyn
This rather busy when in summer,lots of hipsters from Williamsburg coming up using this greenway to visit the Beaches
It is dark now as I was riding on this greenway on my way to prospect park not many cyclist left or walkers,joggers now
The park is look almost empty at 6;45pm imagine when in summer too crowded offcourse

After leaving prospect park
I’m now at the entrance of Brooklyn bridge
Not crowded but still many hardy tourists present
Night lights from Manhattan Buildings is so beautiful at this hours now

Moving on
Now I’m on Hudson greenway on west side highway
Another my regular route to get home
Now,almost 8pm only few cyclist and a handful of joggers and walkers that I came across at this hours now
Crossing The GW
Stopped at an Korean Eatery ate my late lunch at Dinner hours
The finally home by 10pm

So simple,even a cavemen can do this rides!!

2BAA8715-DADA-4400-98F6-1E0287A4839B.jpeg
0B8C3344-156E-4C9F-AC48-3E2D6AD130FB.jpeg
9FFB3628-1826-48ED-82B9-A16915975B7F.jpeg
AE4A8ACC-5F5B-4494-9B4F-B781A7FE4320.jpeg
A22364F2-DEC6-4324-ADE2-1322522EF312.jpeg

Last edited:

Johnny Utah

Waiting on the list from @rick81721 to upload the multi-park bonus for 2/4-2/10

2/11-2/18 Bonus - Graffiti picture with your bike for an hour bonus! One graffiti bonus for the week.

NOTE: It is cold, phones freeze during rides while recording Strava. Do not make it a habit of guestimating lost time - this time will not count!

Keep this Format:
Date:
Ride Time:
Bonus:
Total Time:

Enter Strava Link Here:

Enter Pictures/Story Here

teabagger11

What's going on up there, no rides posted yet today??

Anywho

2/10

2:31

Strava sunday cruise - into the wind

Classic Florida road ride today - steady 10 mph E wind gusting to 15 - and my first 15 miles were virtually due east. Have to grind it out to be rewarded with the tailwind the last 18 miles. Note new FL cracker jersey

View attachment 87485
I rode now I making tacos now I'll post

rick81721

Lothar

teabagger11

2:39
Bonus:20 snowing
Total:2:59
Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/8OUOyLFleU
28d827f7-70e4-feb7-0000-0168de7a7615

It's always hard riding after working the weekend [12 hour shifts on your feet] but have to ride got to D&L pulled bike out had a flat no juice to put in packed up ran to local hardwarestore to get some stans put it in good to go lots of ice on connector roads went down once rode more than I thought I would snow tomorrow woohoo

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
I will have everything updated today. @rick81721 please send me the multi-park bonus recipients.

This weeks bonus is more of a laid back one but inspired by the crappy graffiti I found this weekend.

Post a picture of your bike next to graffiti for a one hour bonus. One bonus for the week.

For reference.
View attachment 87550
Where am I going to find graffiti in Ridgewood?

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Date: 2/11
Time: 0:54
https://www.strava.com/activities/2139565909

I think finding graffiti in Hunterdon/Bucks county is going to be a real challenge. I went to the one place I thought there would be some. Hoffman park has four abandoned buildings and a train trestle. I thought for sure I would find some there. Nope. I can't believe the green building hasn't became someones canvas.
I have slowly put SPDs on all my mountain bikes so I rode one of the kids bikes today because I wanted flats and it was too cold to work in the garage.
IMG_8923.jpg
IMG_8924.jpg
IMG_8925.jpg

Top Bottom