Soggy ground - Noah’s Ark or the big freeze…

Kaleidopete

Where in NJ can that happen? here in monmouth county the whole neighborhood would be callin 911
Wawayanda state park. Quads are illegal, hunters in trucks is just fine. It used to bother me, but lately with all this rain this year I'm noticing that their deep ruts are allowing a lot of water to drain off the sections of the trail/fire road and leaving me with a nice rideable center of the road trail. I still object to the multiple beer cans tossed out the window and onto the trails. I could most likely collect a 6 pack a week of empty Miller lite.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wawayanda state park. Quads are illegal, hunters in trucks is just fine. It used to bother me, but lately with all this rain this year I'm noticing that their deep ruts are allowing a lot of water to drain off the sections of the trail/fire road and leaving me with a nice rideable center of the road trail. I still object to the multiple beer cans tossed out the window and onto the trails. I could most likely collect a 6 pack a week of empty Miller lite.

Man they aren't even drinking real beer. May as well be water

Dajerseyrat

Puddle police!

Attachments

• ZomboMeme 31122018075811.jpg
    ZomboMeme 31122018075811.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 151

one piece crank

We finally have solid frozen base around Northern/Western Hunterdon County. I was camping this past weekend and even though the sun warmed the top couple soil inches Friday, it was still frozen solid below (evidenced by driving, and removing the tent pegs). No noticeable surface melt on Saturday. Sunday showed a little wetness in direct sun, but still rock solid below. Looking forward to get back on the Fat Bike this week...

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We finally have solid frozen base around Northern/Western Hunterdon County. I was camping this past weekend and even though the sun warmed the top couple soil inches Friday

Where were you camping?

one piece crank

The cold returns for Saturday, but we've lost all that saturation. Last week I scouted a few creek beds, and since they are all rocks, that may be were I'm exploring this weekend. I've never ridden the Fat Bike in that kind of rock, so it should be interesting. I love slow, Trials-type riding but I'm not sure what pressures I'll need to run to protect my rims...

SmooveP

The cold returns for Saturday, but we've lost all that saturation. Last week I scouted a few creek beds, and since they are all rocks, that may be were I'm exploring this weekend. I've never ridden the Fat Bike in that kind of rock, so it should be interesting. I love slow, Trials-type riding but I'm not sure what pressures I'll need to run to protect my rims...
That's the real dilemma with fatbikes on rocks. 5-6psi (4" tires) feels nice on rocks, but is too low to provide good rim protection. 7-8psi is what I run. I'm around 155lbs for reference.

one piece crank

That's the real dilemma with fatbikes on rocks. 5-6psi (4" tires) feels nice on rocks, but is too low to provide good rim protection. 7-8psi is what I run. I'm around 155lbs for reference.

Very true. I'm wondering if any of the Maxxis EXO sidewalls are thicker, more DH-like. I really like the Colossus...

SmooveP

Very true. I'm wondering if any of the Maxxis EXO sidewalls are thicker, more DH-like. I really like the Colossus...
Fat tires with heavy, thick sidewalls ride like crap. Most people prefer the feel of flexible, high (120+) TPI casings. EXO and the like are more for flat protection from cuts and punctures than for rim protection. Still, definitely worth getting EXO for riding in rocks to help prevent sidewall cuts.

Top Bottom