What have you done to your bike today?

02camaro

Not today but I fired up a mini crock pot on Sunday, filled it with paraffin and waxed 2 freshly cleaned chains. Went pretty well, I'll see how long it holds up(not optimistic in the wet) but it was easy enough to do. Hardest part was waiting for the wax to melt.
when i was into waxing chains, i put the wax in a coffee can, put the can in boiling water on the stove and let er chooch. no specialized equipment and no ruined cookware and the shifting of the can from the bubbles maybe helped work the wax in, maybe a little over thinking on that last part.

jklett

when i was into waxing chains, i put the wax in a coffee can, put the can in boiling water on the stove and let er chooch. no specialized equipment and no ruined cookware and the shifting of the can from the bubbles maybe helped work the wax in, maybe a little over thinking on that last part.
That would have worked too, I just saw the $5 mini crock pot and figured it was worth a shot since I had a bunch of wax from another project. Although the Ron Popeil "set it and forget it" method has more allure to me.

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
New purple grips because purple, cult Van's bmx grips first ride there feeling good
20190102_155737.jpg

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Lubed and cleaned the BG and the Heckler. I had to flatten the tires and drop the seat to fit the beargrease in @jdgang 's rack so I set that all back up.
I bent the rear derailleur hanger Sunday but fortunately was riding with John Nicholson, which I highly recommend. He helped me get it running again but i still needed to tune the shifting up a little. I've bent the hanger twice on the beargrease, anyone notice more stick related drama on their fattie than other bikes? Maybe it's just a softer metal, I've jammed logs through other bike without bending anything.

I did a lever bleed on the Hecklers XT's, nod back to the guide vs. XT thread. My daughter thought the bubbles were neat and was bummed when they stopped coming out.

I fell asleep last night without posting this, so of course this morning the front tire on the BG was flat. I was playing around with tightening a couple spokes and heard a hiss at one point, might have holed the tape. Sigh. Have to check that out now.

Top Bottom