mtb olympics

VanDbtRiver

Are we going to be able to watch any of the mtb events? All of the olympic websites with tv schedules are pretty vague.

T

Timekiller

VERY vauge... I was wondering the same thing after looking at nbcolympics and all cycling falls to the broad category of 'cycling' :(

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
I would say the chances are slim to none. How would they film it? Cameras on dirt bikes? The road races they can film because its run on a smooth road that is easy for motorcycles to ride next to the pack.

BiknBen

I would say the chances are slim to none. How would they film it? Cameras on dirt bikes? The road races they can film because its run on a smooth road that is easy for motorcycles to ride next to the pack.

It's been done in past olympics. There was decent coverage in Atlanta and Athens. The Chinese women are expected to win in the XC event. I bet they made plans to get that on TV.

I do recall the schedule showing it in the early AM hours though.

BiknBen

just dvr the whole thing and fast forward to see the 10 min they show.

This olympics coverage has improved over others. No more 10 minute snippits. They are showing events and games in their entirety. I watched two complete Beach VB games. I watched 30 mintues of teen-age girls jumping around in their swimsuits last night. :D

Last edited:

BiknBen

If anyone finds out what time... PLEASE POST

http://www.nbcolympics.com/tv_and_online_listings/zone=MT/sport=CY/index.html

Scroll down to the bottom for the XC MTB events. Looks like it is available via the interweb only. I'm not sure how that works.

Friday, August 22
1:00a - 3:15a
ONLINE Women's Mountain Bike
Women's race, medals are awarded.

Saturday, August 23
1:00a - 3:45a
ONLINE Men's Mountain Bike

This link may also be helpful. It's just cycling related.
http://beta.velonews.com/article/81476/olympic-cycling-tvonline-schedule

T

Timekiller

Thank you Ben, too bad I have become pretty lame, and now am asleep by 12:00

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
These days it's more likely I'm awake for the day at 3:45 am then still awake from the night before at 1:00 am.

Glancing Aft

Anyone know anything about the actual course? From wikipedia the course is only 4.6km long. Is it actual "real" mountain biking or a cyclocross course?

BiknBen

I think JORBA needs to get over there, pronto!!!

Single-track Fail
img17.jpg

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
This olympics coverage has improved over others. No more 10 minute snippits. They are showing events and games in their entirety. I watched two complete Beach VB games. I watched 30 mintues of teen-age girls jumping around in their swimsuits last night. :D

I am amazed that those "swimsuits" stay on. Those things are tiny! :D

Top Bottom