MB, Google Earth, Custom Maps & GPS Data

Shaggz

A strong 7
Please post your GPS data, etc. in here, along with a brief description of the route (mileage, pace, skill level, etc). Posts that do not stay on topic will be deleted at the discretion of the Mods :getsome:

T

tlnj

Wawayanda route/MB link

Below is a link to a pretty fun 11-mile route. The sequence of trails is in the comments section. Note that my ride was not a complete loop because I wanted to avoid the muckiest parts of the ever-muddy Double Pond Trail. It's really too bad that that trail is always messed up. It is an essential connector trail. Well, hope this helps!

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/3857357

mcim29

Waway

Hello Gents,

Pretty new to this site.
We just rode Waway this past weekend mainly the red and yellow trail. It is a really great place to ride, a little bit of everything. I just downloaded the mapped out rt. Norm had sent. Looking forward to do this 12 mile rt. next weekend if anyone is up for a long ride.

Hello Gents,

Pretty new to this site.
We just rode Waway this past weekend mainly the red and yellow trail. It is a really great place to ride, a little bit of everything. I just downloaded the mapped out rt. Norm had sent. Looking forward to do this 12 mile rt. next weekend if anyone is up for a long ride.

Thank you all responded.

gtluke

The Moped
Here is a concise Wawayanda map. It will come in as 2 "rides", the 2009 race course and a misc ride. those with good gps's will be able to set the race loop to one color and the misc to another. the misc ride is just a collection of all the other trails so you can help yourself identify where you are, and if you don't want to do the race loop you can add in rattlesnake if you want. it should be all there.
don't forget to update your garmin software, this year they added the ability to show a ride on your gps without having to "follow" it. so you can view your base map with my map on top of it just like a REAL map should be read.
menu - where to? - saved rides - (select ride) - map setup - (click show on map, select your color, then hit map to draw it on the map, hit mode to go back and select OK), do this again for the 2nd ride. sometimes the gps screws up and you have to reboot it to get the maps to show correctly.

here are some shots of the map with the topo base, and again with the city navigator, depending on how you like yours.
red is the 09 race loop, green is the misc other stuff.

Tech note: which ever is alphabetically LAST on your map will show ABOVE the other map. Which is why I named the misc map 00... and the race map 09..., so the 09 will show above the 00 map.

516743305_pgHVG-L.jpg

516743572_hKcVL-L.jpg

Attachments

• Wawayanda.gpx
    62.6 KB · Views: 680
Last edited:

1x1

Why no Plymouth? (I think 'fender bender' is an option for the name of that crazy fun trail)

roc

Hey Ray, if you park at the end of cherry ridge road, take the fire road down hill for a little bit and the entrance/exit to the wall is on your left, across from the entrance to rockadendren, I think it's called that. Or you can take the single track, right from the end of the cherry ridge road and make your second left, that puts you on the other end of the wall, I think.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that's the wall.

jimf

Wall Trail

where is the wall trail? is it on any map?

The jorba map is 95% complete, the only real omission is the new bit from sitting bear to pump house and is the only one that I have seen with wall labeled. Park on the clinton road side at the circle and the trail head to wall is right there. Clinton road entrance can be a bit difficult to find unless someone shows it to you so you can alternatively park at the ranger station take hoferlien to double pond to plymouth lane to banker. The end of banker is the cherry ridge circle and wall is directly across from that.

http://www.jorba.org/sites/default/files/WW1.png

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions