DO NOT give these people your cash!!

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i'm not a gullible guy, but i do like to do right by people. these folks showed up at my door tonight and this is a FLAT OUT SCAM.

http://www.dailyrecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080723/UPDATES01/80723009

they claim to give money to children's hospitals in exchange for magazine subscriptions or book sales. having been to numerous children's hospitals with my daughter, this is something that hits close to home which is why i guess my guard was down a bit. thanks to the wife who saw the above referenced article yesterday they didn't get any of my loot.

just fyi.

jake

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
I had a kid come to my door saying how he was from trenton and he needed to raise money to go to college.

Good luck with that.

Shaggz

A strong 7
My wife called me 3 days ago to say some girl was selling magazines to put herself through college. I say don't do it, she says, no, she's real nice, I trust her. Here we are, $65 later...

SpartaBard

She came by my place too. We said no. Her line was her father was forcing her to do some fundraising.

walter

Fourth Party
My wife called me 3 days ago to say some girl was selling magazines to put herself through college. I say don't do it, she says, no, she's real nice, I trust her. Here we are, $65 later...

Hey Steve, I will put you in contact with my sister. She just got back from Nigeria in an attempt to kick the crap outta the guy who tried to scam her on Match dot com. She'll get your $65 bucks back for you, and do a little ass kickin' on the way.

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
Hey Steve, I will put you in contact with my sister. She just got back from Nigeria in an attempt to kick the crap outta the guy who tried to scam her on Match dot com. She'll get your $65 bucks back for you, and do a little ass kickin' on the way.

Was she over there to get the $65 million that your long lost great grandfather had in a diamond mine but the government was going to take all of the money because it had not been touched in years?

Last edited:

walter

Fourth Party
Was she over there to get the $65 million that your long lost great grandfather had in a diamond mine but the government was going to talk all of the money because it had not been touched in years?

Nah, nothing that cool. Just some D-bag who kept on giving her story after story to try to get her to send him money. She never gave him a dime and with a little work on her own and some help from the authorities was able to track the guy down. She just figured she would pay him a visit.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.

Tell her to pay for college the good ole fashioned way, stripping:D

-Jim.

D

DANSPANK

I used to work for Lufthansa - the german airline. I remember two calls;
-The first one was from a guy who had won an ebay auction for a BMW M5. The car was in Italy and he won it for a very reasonable price. The seller advised that the car was being flown in on Lufthansa and gave him the flight details. The scammers even built a website that looked like Lufthansa's. Links on the wensite linked directly to Lufthansa's own pages - it was pretty professional. Of course the car was never shipped - $10k later the guy is still car-less.

-The second call made me feel sad. A guy called me expecting a shipment on Lufthansa. We chatted for a bit and he sent me the chain of emails he'd been having with a guy in Nigeria. It all started with one of those "You could inherit $millions" and the guy, from some small town in Colorado, fell for it. The process involved just small fees ere and there for document translation, legal representation in Nigeria, certificates and licenses, and a few other things. The Nigerians were advising the guy that it would be relatively easy to prove that he was related to some tycoon who'd recently died. Once that was done they could then send him the money. The email chain went all the way to giving the guy the airwaybill number (ticket number for freight). I asked what the contents of the shipment were supposed to be. He said cash. In total he'd spent over $16k to try to get this money over. The tone of his voice was so low. I got the impression that he'd truly believed in this opportunity and spent his life savings on this "dream" - poor (dumb) bugger.

-And then Jake calls me asking for money for college tuition. Sorry Jake, no go my friend!

Top Bottom