Chimney Rock Conditions

Tim

aka sptimmy43
I just got finished riding. The place is good to go. Wet in the perpetual spots but fully rideable.

On a side note. I have only ridden here a few times. I ventured over to yellow finally. Wow! That kicked my ass.

qclabrat

I just got finished riding. The place is good to go. Wet in the perpetual spots but fully rideable.

On a side note. I have only ridden here a few times. I ventured over to yellow finally. Wow! That kicked my ass.
Yep it will and still does for me
Did you go up or down the yellow switch backs?

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Yep it will and still does for me
Did you go up or down the yellow switch backs?
I went down what believe is referred to as high tech and up the switchbacks. Basically I was riding the yellow perimeter clockwise. The downhill was a little sketchy only because the trail is nearly overgrown. It was hard to spot and pick a good line through the tall grass. The uphill was just...steep, and loose. I am sure I could do better if I knew the trail and the lines but I can’t ever see it being easy.

qclabrat

Someone in a black CRV is there every morning. They should give us a recon. Seriously, can't imagine good conditions, but I can check it tomorrow AM.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
After the reports, I thought Last night would be good...not. Still lots of wet spots, mud and slick roots. Didn't even try Blue. Don't think much damage is being done, but I think it will take a few more days with no rain to dry out fully.

Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Tree down middle of blue.
It's big! Can be cut though.
Screenshot_20181005-203940.jpg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions