riding in east stroudsburg PA area?

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
im going to my sisters tomorrow up there and i want to go ride. my brother in law hasnt been on a mountain bike in 10 years and ill have my girl with me too. so im looking for something moderatley beginner-ish, but it doesnt have to be a paved trail or anything. if anyone has an ideas for me let me know! i posted up over at mtbr but i figured id give you guys(my people, haha) a shot at ideas as well. thanks in advance

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
check out glen park on mtbr. havent ridden there in ten years or so but did ride there often and had some really fun stuff !!!

T

Timekiller

Glen park's XC kinda went down the tubes due to development on the mountain.

The best place to ride that I have found in the area would be Jacobsburg St.Park. Its probably 20min. from E.Stroudsburg.

Otherwise there is also Big pocono st. park on camelback mountain. I have not gone on many rides there.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I've always wondered about NE Pa. riding. My family is from the Wilkes-Barre area and I've spent time at Harvey's Lake and Big Bass Lake over the years. What with the mountains and woods all over the place, I'd think the riding opportunities should be good, but I've not heard about many prime spots.

Granted, there might be lots of good riding out there, but I've yet to hear of it, anyway.

T

Timekiller

Jacobsburg has many smooth mod. flat trails. (I had a blast here!)

Big pocono, mostly a grass doubletrack loop around the peak of the mountain.

Deer park, there are a couple of "beginner" trails... a bit more climbing than the two above, but nothing insane.

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
Jacobsburg has many smooth mod. flat trails. (I had a blast here!)

Big pocono, mostly a grass doubletrack loop around the peak of the mountain.

Deer park, there are a couple of "beginner" trails... a bit more climbing than the two above, but nothing insane.

WTF bike is in your avatar, I want it!!

dirty bert

Banned
I've always wondered about NE Pa. riding. My family is from the Wilkes-Barre area and I've spent time at Harvey's Lake and Big Bass Lake over the years. What with the mountains and woods all over the place, I'd think the riding opportunities should be good, but I've not heard about many prime spots.

Granted, there might be lots of good riding out there, but I've yet to hear of it, anyway.

i use to live near wilkes barre (well in a small town called nanticoke) anyway, rode a lot of mtn biking there before they built it up. a lot of the stuff is hidden yer best chance is to check out the posts on mtbr in the PA section of the forums.

~db

Spylab

Wonder where it is today...

l_ab2f46ee82b879e281c28f97a9c01e58.jpg

T

Timekiller

I really need to get down there again, I had a blast last time...

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
we ended up riding in jacobsburg. it was a lot of fun and definetly had something for everybody.

i am assuming jacobsburg state park, near easton, pa? This a great place, some smooth trails, some tech stuff, all in all a good ride. Do they still have a ton of waterbars? Have not been there in 2 years.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
i am assuming jacobsburg state park, near easton, pa? This a great place, some smooth trails, some tech stuff, all in all a good ride. Do they still have a ton of waterbars? Have not been there in 2 years.

yeah there was quite a bit of water bars. but thats ok. they make for fun little jumps/bunnyhops. plus when you are headed back to the lot that last gravel trail is FUN as hell with all those little jumps. im looking forward to riding there again for sure!

Top Bottom