2018 NJ CX Schedule!!!!!

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Aaaaand masters men gets pushed back to 2:45. Lame. Everyone has options though and it's fair.

I'll just get my ass kicked in the 123 at 1245.

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'll do some 123 races if we could get a big field to get lost in. PACX does 40+ and 123 same time which is interesting.

The cat 3 and 40+ is interesting too, bit too late in the day. I'm burnt out on late starts in cross. Cat 3 guys have been getting screwed with time slots for the last few years. I don't think I'll do Cat 3 anymore so whatevs, but it'd be nice to give them an earlier slot.

I'm all for the current cats and how they are set up, don't get me wrong. But a little variation in who goes when would be cool. I'm probably ignorant to the thought process and speaking only on personal preference.

mstyer

I don't expect many juniors sticking around until 3:45 unless they're there with a cat. 3 or 40+ dad.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I don't see why the start times don't just get rotated, or picked out of a hat. Who's to say who belongs where? I think my first year racing cross, Cat 4's got screwed with the last time slot of the day. Everyone was gone by then. Cat 5, for as long as I remember, was usually 8 or 9am. Early is cool and all, except when it's early and 2hrs away. It would be nice to have some variation from race to race.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Aaaaand masters men gets pushed back to 2:45. Lame. Everyone has options though and it's fair.

I'll just get my ass kicked in the 123 at 1245.

Haha, ok so much for me coming back for cross this year, at least in NJ. Newton’s 3rd proves true again.

choop

I don't expect many juniors sticking around until 3:45 unless they're there with a cat. 3 or 40+ dad.

This.

In theory I would race the 4/5 40+ race at 8:30 and my boy the Jr race at 3:45. Long, long days ahead for me. I kinda fear there won't be many kids in the late afternoon field. I get why they have the kids at the beginning or end of the day. I didn't pay that close attention to how many courses were modified last year, but after seeing what a lot of the juniors were capable of riding during the mtb season, I can't see what would be so hard for them on a typical cx course. Is it just the length of the course trying to make sure they get 2 laps in the 20 minutes?

billy64

We're live friends. Reg early and save some $$
Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 8.30.23 AM.png

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I can get lost on a 1.5 mile course, no problem. I'll probably swing back and forth between Masters 50+ and 1/2/3s. Curious to see just how painful that extra 15 minutes is. (Although I'm pretty sure infinity painful is the answer.)

I only did the 1 123 race last year at Sussex.
It was a normal 45 minute race, with 15 extra minutes of pain. :)

I was in a group of 4 and we stayed together till the last lap. I think that helped keep my mind off the pain though. If I was in no man's land for the last 15, it would have SUCKED.

I lost a sprint at the end but still got 5th.

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I would love to see the NJ 1/2/3 field get a lot bigger. That extra 15-20 minutes feels like another whole race, especially when you're alone. It's always a gut punch when you come through the Start/Finish after 2 laps and see the 8 to-go sign.

It's probably treason to suggest this but perhaps NJ should decrease the length of the A race to 50 minutes in order to attract more of the fence racers who might otherwise do 40+ or B's.

Last edited:

Superfly100guy

I would love to see the NJ 1/2/3 field get a lot bigger. That extra 15-20 minutes feels like another whole race, especially when you're alone. It's always a gut punch when you come through the Start/Finish after 2 laps and see the 8 to-go sign.

It's probably treason to suggest this but perhaps NJ should decrease the length of the A race to 50 minutes in order to attract more of the fence racers who might otherwise do 40+ or B's.
I was hoping for 50 min 123 and I do think we would get a bunch more entries

szymon

Personally I don't like the 50min 1-2-3 race because that defeats the point of the 1-2-3 race, most 3 or masters races run around 46-47mins for most people. For me making a shorter race would mean just going harder then before, while it would nice to get more entries in the a race I don't think a shorter race would help in the long run.

The Heckler

You bring new meaning to the term SUCK
The 50 minute 123 race would probably draw a few more people but the start time still kinda sucks.

If you wanna race an A-Race for less than 60 minutes sign up for UCI, I can tell you all about both 40 and 75 minute A-Races, both are really painful and disheartening.

*Sobbing and laughing hysterically at the same time*

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The 50 minute 123 race would probably draw a few more people but the start time still kinda sucks.

If you wanna race an A-Race for less than 60 minutes sign up for UCI, I can tell you all about both 40 and 75 minute A-Races, both are really painful and disheartening.

*Sobbing and laughing hysterically at the same time*

Agree. Not getting pulled from a UCI race is the worst best thing. This is especially true when it’s the last race of the day because the officials, promoters, and volunteers HATE YOU AND WANT YOU TO GET OFF THEIR COURSE SO THEY CAN GO HOME.

Chris(NJ)

So if someone were to try cx again (and not on ss mtb this time) and pick a handful of these races listed in the OP which are the most fun....which would they be? asking for a friend.

Top Bottom