Easy trails in Ringwood

rojasj

Can anyone recommend some easy trails that consist mainly of gravel etc.. in Ringwood that offer a good long steady paced climbing? I'd like to alternate between Ramapo and Ringwood but I'm not into the real rocky stuff either.

Thanks....

oobaa47

Hhmmmm, North Jersey is the home of rocky stuff..... If you are looking for a steady incline with gravel, perhaps the fire roads up to Pierson's Ridge in Ringwood might be your best bet..... Then you could always take the new white trail down....... It's one of the smoother trails around that are around here....

rojasj

Hhmmmm, North Jersey is the home of rocky stuff..... If you are looking for a steady incline with gravel, perhaps the fire roads up to Pierson's Ridge in Ringwood might be your best bet..... Then you could always take the new white trail down....... It's one of the smoother trails around that are around here....
I pretty much think that's the trails I was on this morning. I was going to ride Ramapo becuase I woke up a bit late but..Skyline Drive was close so I decided to give Ringwood a shot. Both areas are nice.

Is there a trail that connects Ramapo State Forest to Ringwood State Park?

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I pretty much think that's the trails I was on this morning. I was going to ride Ramapo becuase I woke up a bit late but..Skyline Drive was close so I decided to give Ringwood a shot. Both areas are nice.

Is there a trail that connects Ramapo State Forest to Ringwood State Park?

yes, i believe it is red trail from ringwood heading south. not sure where it comes out in ramapo, but i plan to find out someday

BPaze

yes, i believe it is red trail from ringwood heading south. not sure where it comes out in ramapo, but i plan to find out someday

I was looking at this the other day it is ramapo cannonball trail red. It comes out on Barbara dr in Oakland I am hoping to do it one day. I dont think it is an easy ride though

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I was looking at this the other day it is ramapo cannonball trail red. It comes out on Barbara dr in Oakland I am hoping to do it one day. I dont think it is an easy ride though
From there you can do a bit of road and connect to HM blue or orange. 3 park day!

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
We should try to hit that murders row Sept or Oct. That would be an epic ride!!
I think it was last year...
Rode out of my house at 5AM to HM college lot. Started on red to yellow and then got on blue to the northern end of HM. 10/15 min road ride and got to the entrance of Ramapo at Barbara Dr. Saw the beware of bear sign and hightailed it home. Lol

I'm pretty sure @JimN and @liong71er both did the HM, Ramapo and Ringwood trilogy... if not beyond.

BPaze

Rode out of my house at 5AM to HM college lot. Started on red to yellow and then got on blue to the northern end of HM. 10/15 min road ride and got to the entrance of Ramapo at Barbara Dr. Saw the beware of bear sign and hightailed it home. Lol

I'm pretty sure @JimN and @liong71er both did the HM, Ramapo and Ringwood trilogy... if not beyond.

Sorry to hijack but ok let's do it throw it on the OOS schedule in that chat. Done no more talk of that.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
From Skyline Dr you should hook onto CB north and cross Skyline Dr. Make left onto yellow blaze about a mile in. Then make left on red blaze. It is a very rugged rocky ride, but going that direction may be easier than going from RW to Skyline.

Sterling Forest is less rocky and has steady climbing.

liong71er

Yeah I done that few times
From HM-(via blue out to toys R us) then Indian Rd towards Oakland get on Ramapo yellow trail take that all the way to Erskine then follow white to connect jungle habitat then continued to wawayanda by taking cherry ridge trails then rode back via route 23 for home,.I did this twice about 11yrs ago
And also few times short version of it without HM and Wawayanda..
Who's in?

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Can anyone recommend some easy trails that consist mainly of gravel etc..

There are tons of fireroads in Ringwood, go exploring!

Yeah, @thindiesal and I did a ride like that a few years ago, and it was pretty awesome. I probably don't have the fitness to do it currently, especially since I'd now be required to continue on to Sterling.

This is correct, although you are technically not allowed to exit Cannonball onto Barbara Dr anymore. Dupont closed the access there and had a guard posted for awhile. You can legally get in and out via Pool Hollow, which is just down the road from there. There isn't much parking at the end of the street, but there is a gravel lot just down the road that you can use.

When you say Barbara Dr. is that by the old soccer field?

Yes.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions