Please cool it with the bypasses on yellow

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I have been fighting two short cuts on the yellow trail since we opened the trail. Every time I am out there, I find myself stopping to close the bypass. Today, I found that someone had blocked off the trail feature and opened up the bypass again. Riding past a freshly opened bypass is annoying but having the balls to block off the actual trail is a special kind of shit. This has also been an ongoing issue in a few spots on the orange trail. Please, if you can't ride the feature yet then keep at it or walk it. But please please please stop cutting new trail. I hate to say this but if this keeps up I'm going to take the nuclear approach and take the mini-ex out there and come up with a permanent solution. Sorry for the rant but super frustrated!

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have been fighting two short cuts on the yellow trail since we opened the trail. Every time I am out there, I find myself stopping to close the bypass. Today, I found that someone had blocked off the trail feature and opened up the bypass again. Riding past a freshly opened bypass is annoying but having the balls to block off the actual trail is a special kind of shit. This has also been an ongoing issue in a few spots on the orange trail. Please, if you can't ride the feature yet then keep at it or walk it. But please please please stop cutting new trail. I hate to say this but if this keeps up I'm going to take the nuclear approach and take the mini-ex out there and come up with a permanent solution. Sorry for the rant but super frustrated!
I saw the rock feature blocked off on yellow yesterday and just assumed there was a reason for it. Stopped out of confusion and walked over but couldn’t see anything wrong. Knowing that you do 99% of TM here I kept thinking “Why would @Jason block this off?” That sucks dude. I feel like Yellow just constantly gets vandalized by cheat lines.

goldsbar

Wait, the rock ledge with the log ramp? That was a great "WTF is this!" the first time through (and second, third...). Someone actually purposefully blocked that off?!?! I get the cheater line and it doesn't bother me since 90% of that trail is smooth banked turn flow and that rock/log ramp is really the only big feature. But, actually blocking the feature is taking it to a whole other level! I feel like some people would pave the whole trail if they could.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wait, the rock ledge with the log ramp? That was a great "WTF is this!" the first time through (and second, third...). Someone actually purposefully blocked that off?!?! I get the cheater line and it doesn't bother me since 90% of that trail is smooth banked turn flow and that rock/log ramp is really the only big feature. But, actually blocking the feature is taking it to a whole other level! I feel like some people would pave the whole trail if they could.
Wasn’t even that one. Lower down on the trail, one of the big flat rocks you sort of have to huck up onto.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
do you have a picture? I'm not familiar enough with the trail to know wrong from right but will fix it if I catch it wrong

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions