Jim Vreeland in Bike Mag

BiknBen

JimmyV said:
I had visions like most would of mountain bike trails located in Manhattan just off the Harlem River—stairs, broken-up concrete, glass, traffic, hobos, drug-dealers, smog, abandoned buildings, graffiti, bridges, tunnels and sidewalks. I didn't realize how on point my visions would be though! But, to my surprise, there were also super technical rock gardens, greasy off-camber roots, crazy flowy singletrack, insanely steep downhills, awesome rock formations, and even a cyclocross-inspired stair run-up;" said Gary Fisher 29er Crew racer Jim Vreeland.

Damn Jim, I knew you could ride but that quote is also quite impressive. I'm surprised you were able to construct such a meaningful sentence. Our conversations usually include some type of grunting or cursing. Good Job. :p

Last edited:

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
bah! no way jim wrote that...let alone said it so eloquently. i would like to shake the hand of the fisher PR folks though. :D

oh, and nice pic SON!

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Damn Jim, I knew you could ride but that quote is also quite impressive. I'm surprised you were able to construct such a meaningful sentence. Our conversations usually include some type of grunting or cursing. Good Job. :p

It helps that my wife is a teacher, she learnded me to write, and I do have a college edumacation too:D

Thanks guys!! But the real thanks goes to Jamie for hooking it all up in the first place!!

-Jim.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I got to ride with the famous guy tonight & he even talked to me. He wouldn't pose for pics or sign autographs though.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
good stuff, glad to see some NJ folks in there and not just west coast and BC riders.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I'm sorry to say I am no longer a 1x9'er, I had to put the big ring back on for Fair Hills and for the upcoming Darkhorse 40, but fear not, the 1x9 will return!!

-Jim.

Bah! 2x9 is no way to go through life.

I'm staying 1x9 for the 40 (solo). Never done 40 miles before but I think I'll be OK.

liong71er

hey guys,...i'm going to race these darkhorse 40 but i'm kind of confusing a bit. recently i race on SS class in sports class,but the expert class was also 40 mile.so,...wich one is right class for me:confused: i hope someone can give me an advice.thanks!

Top Bottom