Bubba's whip at Buds Creek ...

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Nathan crisman took that pics along with all of the others on supercross.com. We went down to watch the race and it was Nathan's first weekend as a hired photog at an MX national.

here is the link to his write up and his pics are at the bottom of the page.
http://www.supercross.com/race-results/ama-motocross/5-2008-mx-race-results/1229-ama-motocross-round-7-budds-creek-md-july-13

Race was kinda boring. So many riders hurt and Stewart and Villopoto are just miles ahead of everyone. Not very intresting to watch.

F

FallGirl1430

Nathan crisman took that pics along with all of the others on supercross.com. We went down to watch the race and it was Nathan's first weekend as a hired photog at an MX national. QUOTE]

Joe Nathan has an excellent eye for shooting, I'm happy for him and his success. Outdooor MX is not nearly as exciting as it once was, but with guys like Bubba and a few others I hope it will still draw outside sponsers to this amazing sport.

Christina ... :)

DownhillR3

I still can't get over Mike Alessi's accident. I feel so bad for him and his family and i'm not even a fan on him(think he's alittle cocky) but that was uncalled for. Knowone should have to be run over again and again by their competitors. Still couldn't believe it happened even in the replays. Motocross venues need to tell their "highly trained" course marshals to move out near on on the course to get riders to go to one side of the track or stop. Not just stand 10ft. away waving a yellow flag. This accident opened my eyes to the dangers and poor preparation.

Get well Alessi.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Mike is actually ok, by some stroke of luck he was not injured too badly. Crazy because when I saw it, I thought he was a goner. Word is that he will be racing again this weekend at Unadilla. Stange as it seems, I have had crashes like that. Once at e-town I had my throttle cable jam shut causing me to come up short on a double. I crashed and as I stood up I CAUGHT another 450with my should and the guy FLATTENED me like a steam roller. Had two huge brusies, but was otherwise unhurt. The one medic said that he was about to call the chopper in, thats how bad it looked. 3 weeks later, I was coasting through a banked turn, dipped my front tire over it, flipped, and broke my leg in what was a just stupid fall. Just so weird how things happen.

As far as the flaggers, from what I saw, there were not any in the area. I guess they were not expecting anyone to crash there. I mean I sympathize with them only because it was the first few turns of the race and the riders were still in a pack and flying. Would have been nice if there was another flagger on the other side of the track who could have ran up. The guy on the otherside waiving his arms was never going to slow anyone down

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Nathan crisman took that pics along with all of the others on supercross.com. We went down to watch the race and it was Nathan's first weekend as a hired photog at an MX national. QUOTE]

Joe Nathan has an excellent eye for shooting, I'm happy for him and his success. Outdooor MX is not nearly as exciting as it once was, but with guys like Bubba and a few others I hope it will still draw outside sponsers to this amazing sport.

Christina ... :)

Ya he is getting good, especially since he has only been taking picutes for about a year. Now if I can just get him to steal me a press vest so I can walk around the inside the pits/track too. :D

Well next year is going to really intresting since the AMA has basiclly sold motocross to nascar. The same people will be promoting it. Its going to be intresting to see what they do with it. Let's face it, as completly awesome as outdoor MX is, its not the greatest ratings grabber. I just hope they dont turn MX in nascar.

Top Bottom