Just Got Home From Chimney Rock

Madness

Wow has that place changed since the last time I rode there a couple of years ago. It's a hell of alot rockier then it used to be. It seems like the rain and weather has eroded alot of the soil away on the trails and the rocks are bigger then I remember. I could be wrong but the last time I rode there I was on a hardtail and I didn't get half as beat up as I did today on my full.
It was almost to the point that it was not fun. Don't get me wrong I love a good challenge and always feel acomplished when I complete a hard technical ride, but the only acomplishment I felt today was that I wasn't seriously hurt.
Well back to licking my wounds and bleeding all over my keyboard.............
Anybody got any extra Neosporin

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
When he gets here I'll be in front screamin "KEEP PEDDLING *****":rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
i love riding the rock - when i had my little wheeled bike, i would have to visit the dentist after each ride there to have the fillings that were shaken out of my teeth put back in... but then i got a 29er, and now the trails at CR are like riding on marshmallows and soft clouds of vanilla rice pudding held up by teddy bears and happiness. seriously.

skyline and the sourlands are still like visiting the 5th level of hell tho...

J-Dro

WC, as soon as my knee heals from surgery, I'm up for a group ride at SL for sure. Another week or two I hope.

Madness

You'd be scared if you tried to hang on during my loop at the rock:D

-Jim.

We prob did your loop today, lots of climbing and some pretty hairy downhills that were pretty just hold on and pray style. Fun as hell after some of those long climbs.

tommyjay

Not-So-Venerable Asshat
Look at all the biketosterone in this thread, eh?:D

When I was your age, I rode up and down 500 ft piles of lava slag on a 10" wheeled unicycle made of lead. You creampuffs nowadays can't even handle a few pebbles on a driveway slope even with the benefit of your carbon, big wheeled full suspension bikes. sheesh.;)

ArmyOfNone

i love riding the rock - when i had my little wheeled bike, i would have to visit the dentist after each ride there to have the fillings that were shaken out of my teeth put back in... but then i got a 29er, and now the trails at CR are like riding on marshmallows and soft clouds of vanilla rice pudding held up by teddy bears and happiness. seriously.

I wouldnt go that far. But it is much better.

Look at all the biketosterone in this thread, eh?:D

When I was your age, I rode up and down 500 ft piles of lava slag on a 10" wheeled unicycle made of lead. You creampuffs nowadays can't even handle a few pebbles on a driveway slope even with the benefit of your carbon, big wheeled full suspension bikes. sheesh.;)

YES! And you had no shoes!

Top Bottom