Wind Noise Products

Howard

For the MTB riders who also enjoy the road... I mostly ride off-road trails but I'm slowly riding more miles on the road. One thing I notice is the wind noise drowns out a lot of "sound cues" like approaching vehicles or other nearby riders. I found a wind noise reduction product called "Cat-Ears." Has anyone used them? Do they work? What other suggestions might help lower the wind decibels?

Thanks for your feedback!

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Tried em. No difference that I could tell. I did look like Vegas Elvis for the ride though, so there's that. If I can find em I'll send them to you. Pm me yer addy

02camaro

i didnt used to wear a helmet on the road... now i do wear one and the helmet nearly doubled wind noise for me. maybe helmet choice? not sure how you would determine which helmets would make less turbulence around your ears withouth buying dozens

Howard

Tried em. No difference that I could tell. I did look like Vegas Elvis for the ride though, so there's that. If I can find em I'll send them to you. Pm me yer addy
Hey, thanks for that! I'm hearing similar feedback from another forum. Thanks for the offer though! Very kind ;-)

Howard

i didnt used to wear a helmet on the road... now i do wear one and the helmet nearly doubled wind noise for me. maybe helmet choice? not sure how you would determine which helmets would make less turbulence around your ears withouth buying dozens
That is interesting! I'm so used to wearing a helmet I didn't even consider taking it off to see if it is the source. Then again, I don't notice the wind so much when riding trails. That's for the advice.

Top Bottom