shifter not returning to neutral position

warcricket

Like a Jerk
when i click the thumb trigger on both my shifters, it kinda just stays there (pushed in) and doesn't return to its neutral position.

i tried it again an hour after my ride and they seemed to be working fine, but now there doing the same thing again...

cool beans....

CycleBoy

Sussex Bike and Sport
Shop Keep
when i click the thumb trigger on both my shifters, it kinda just stays there (pushed in) and doesn't return to its neutral position.

i tried it again an hour after my ride and they seemed to be working fine, but now there doing the same thing again...

cool beans....

let me guess, SRAM.. either x-7 or x-9?

steverod23

Me too

I've got the SRAM X-9 triggers and the left is starting to show the same behavior. Is it time to go with the X-0s and get a matchmaker while I'm at it ?

alex_k

I'd check cables... they might be dirty or bended... I have Gore Ride-On cables on my geared bike... totally sealed system... they are smooth but expensive. ask Jdog if you want them

CycleBoy

Sussex Bike and Sport
Shop Keep
I've got the SRAM X-9 triggers and the left is starting to show the same behavior. Is it time to go with the X-0s and get a matchmaker while I'm at it ?

Steve, you got the old x9 triggers. They start to feel funny after a while and stick. The nice thing is the new x9 share the internals of the x0s so you don't have to splurge if you don't want to. The match makers will work with either one.

trailhead

JORBA: Wildcat/Splitrock
JORBA.ORG
make sure your shifters are not binding against the brake levels. loosen up the shifters, twist them on the bar so that there is a gap and then tighten back up.

Top Bottom