Alright...I Finally Understand!

Scotty878

Shop: Planet Bike
Shop Keep
Okay, so I actually understand what it's all about. After being on this site for quite some time, there seemed to be so much hype surrounding this place and I never quite understood. But I was finally able to see what all the fuss was about and have seen the light!

I haven't even been on here much lately, let alone much time to do anything else. Between summer classes, work, and now the new bike taking up a lot of any free time I have! But thanks to July 4th, I had off work and my friend who just got a new bike got out early, so we decided to make the move to check this place out last week.

It wasn't looking so good, as right as I was about to go pick him up it started pouring rain. I said screw it, it was about the only time we had a coordinated extended free time, so we were going to do it. Picked him up, and with bikes on top we made our way to Six Mile. Drove through rain a lot of the way there, but it was meant to be, because once we got close, the rain stopped. The trails were dry and the clouds kept the temperature down and all was well. We unloaded and hit the trails!

This place was awesome! So much fun, anything from fast and flowy, to tight and twisty, to log rides and ladder bridges. Almost every part of the park kept my attention, and I was able to keep going and going. Really the only thing holding me back was my buddy getting adjusted to his new bike. But he did good out there, aside from falling into the water once or twice, one of which was partially my fault, lol. All the stunts and bridges were great and mixed things up a bit, and think I was able to get almost all of them(atleast those I came across) going one way or another. Great work on the building of all the stunts.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has done anything to do with the park and I just wanted to commend all of you on your work! It's not too far, so I definitely have a new place to enjoy!

Only major downside about this place is the whole where am I going thing! Even on the side with the marked trails, I managed to get lost, lol. Thank god for the GPS or we would have been screwed, as just as we were getting out of there, the rain started coming and it was getting dark FAST! Aside from that though, again, real fun place!

And speaking of GPS, here's our info. I'll admit it's slightly misleading, as the overall ride took a while with stopping and waiting for my buddy to catch up and checking stunts out and stuff. So overall pace would be much, much slower...(speaking of which, do you guys stop your GPS when playing around on the stunts or what...?)
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/297668

Oh and one last thing, whats the deal with the Red trail? I took it as I see everyone on here does and like I said it was getting dark, so I figured it was the shortest route. But even though it says walking only, is it ok for us? Anybody complain? Kind of a no harm no foul thing?

Well that's my lengthy ride report and first time experience. Thanks again to everybody working on stuff there and keep it up!

Scott.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Hey Scott,

I am glad that you finally got out there and had a go of it.

6 mile is getting better all the time.

Try to make the next trail build day and you will meet the folks who made it the way that it is.

6 years back when i first started riding here the entire spot overgrew in the summer and it was mostly quad trails.

Now it is a different story.

j-

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
And speaking of GPS, here's our info. I'll admit it's slightly misleading, as the overall ride took a while with stopping and waiting for my buddy to catch up and checking stunts out and stuff. So overall pace would be much, much slower...(speaking of which, do you guys stop your GPS when playing around on the stunts or what...?)
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/297668

I have my 605 setup to auto-pause. I'm not racin' or "training", so I see no point in collecting data when I'm not moving.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions