Hello All..New to the Forum

scotth

Hello,

I'm new to the forum, from the East Brunswick area of central Jersey. I'm an ex bmx racer looking for a mountain bike. About 8 years ago I bought a Treck and rode it a little, a few times at Hartshorne and some trails near my house. The problem was I hated the bike, I don't remember the size but it was way to tall. I really need to get one bike that will last a while. I like technical type trails, not superfast but tough to ride, I would like to do some hills not crazy downhill but some challenging terrain.. I never rode a bike with suspension, but would like to try. I've been reading about different bikes on the forum, but it's hard to figure out XC, All Mountain, I dont know where to start. I could spend around $1500, do any of you have any opinions on what would be a good bike for me to look at. Thank You.

Regards,

Scott

Shaggz

A strong 7
Welcome to the site. Check out Halter's bike shop, as Jason will be very happy to get you fitted properly on the right bike in exchange for your money.

NJ Jess

Cool

Nice to have you on board. We have a few former BMXers on the forum. You're not far from a great ride,...Six mile. See you on the trail.

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Welcome to the spot. Jdog and crew are not only close for you, they are the local trail makers. I too, think they can kit you out quite well. Hope to meet you on the trail.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
welcome aboard I am sure these guy will get the right ride for you...

dualfisted

welcome

So, once u get that ride, get down to Allaire for a tuesday night beginner group ride, you'll have a blast, get the legs and lungs workin, and laugh a lot too. 411 is on the Allaire forum area. Peace out cub scout,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,take that comma police!!!!!

T

troop

whats up everyone, my apologies for not posting here first before asking any questions . I have been riding for about 2 months now , before this i did a little bit of skateboarding 8 years ago and bmx till 06 , now im older and would like to keep my joints some what in better shape. i drive for a living now so the position im in all day isnt too good for me . thats when i decided to pick up a mountain bike. i have a trek 3700 and always wear woodland camo with a northface black backpack when im riding, ........... and just bought my first ever brain armor gear ................ which i also spray painted to green camo :D

Frank

Sasquatch
whats up everyone, my apologies for not posting here first before asking any questions . I have been riding for about 2 months now , before this i did a little bit of skateboarding 8 years ago and bmx till 06 , now im older and would like to keep my joints some what in better shape. i drive for a living now so the position im in all day isnt too good for me . thats when i decided to pick up a mountain bike. i have a trek 3700 and always wear woodland camo with a northface black backpack when im riding, ........... and just bought my first ever brain armor gear ................ which i also spray painted to green camo :D

Howdy Troop! , Welcome, :D

Top Bottom