Sourland Mountain preserve ride 09:30 am come join the fun. (now 12/15)

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
I technically work on the weekdays, sorry can't take the day off. What's with all these weekday rides? Only done Sourlands once, it was hard, but that was a while ago and I'm older

I work sun - thurs, and I ride with Michael.su when he is not working every other fri. (summer hours) So, fridays are a good day to ride for me.

Thanks @fidodie and @MissJR, now I really have to go since it is now on the calender.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I technically work on the weekdays, sorry can't take the day off. What's with all these weekday rides? Only done Sourlands once, it was hard, but that was a while ago and I'm older

this appears to be a yes. see you there.:)
roll out at 9:40, back to the lot by 11:30. that should cover about 8-9 miles. will have a bail out around 10:30 to get back at 11:00.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
There's a harder one than that there, but I would say it is unrideable, unless one has an anti-gravity device of some sort

that connector trail ? yeah, ah, no. i'm not sure it is rideable with a powered bike....given the couple of vertical sections.

rick81721

Lothar
that connector trail ? yeah, ah, no. i'm not sure it is rideable with a powered bike....given the couple of vertical sections.

Yes. I made the mistake of trying to go down that thing... once. I almost had to abandon my bike just to get my sorry ass out of there.

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I would like to reiterate what a wise man once told me about riding at Sourlands...
"If you are trying to get through Sourlands as fast as you can, you're MISSING the point"
:)
We will be stopping to play on features and try different lines as we go so don't focus on mileage or pace. ;)

Last edited:

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
I would like to reiterate what a wise man once told be about riding at Sourlands...
"If you are trying to get through Sourlands as fast as you can, you're MISSING the point"
:)
We will be stopping to play on features and try different lines as we go so don't focus on mileage or pace. ;)
So this means Bills not coming Then?
Can he even ride slow?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions