Sirius XM chatter

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My free trial expired on the BMW and I was considering not renewing on the Rappy and Jetta at the standard promotional $99/year, so I called today.

I ended up agreeing to 12 months of Sirius XM Select package for $60 plus taxes on each vehicle with no activation fees. With taxes it was $73 per vehicle.

rlb

My free trial expired on the BMW and I was considering not renewing on the Rappy and Jetta at the standard promotional $99/year, so I called today.

I ended up agreeing to 12 months of Sirius XM Select package for $60 plus taxes on each vehicle with no activation fees. With taxes it was $73 per vehicle.

Lay down the law next time! I called in October and got all access for 6 months for $57 (w/ tax) on car 1 and select for 6 months for $35 (w/tax). Or so I think....you need a PhD to read the invoices from this company.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@Carson why not just go with data plan and Bluetooth it off the phone or are you stuck with a certain phone plan with limited data plan.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Lay down the law next time! I called in October and got all access for 6 months for $57 (w/ tax) on car 1 and select for 6 months for $35 (w/tax). Or so I think....you need a PhD to read the invoices from this company.

I did! I did better than you! $73 for 12 months!

@Carson why not just go with data plan and Bluetooth it off the phone or are you stuck with a certain phone plan with limited data plan.

I thought about it but this is painless. Start car and go. I have tried bluetooth streaming and VW's Android Auto. Both are a bit annoying. For $70/year this is simple.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
there is also a 6mon/$30 with a gift card option now.
they want their numbers up for the end of the year, and so do i!

Buy sirius xm so i can get more bike stuff!

rlb

I did! I did better than you! $73 for 12 months!

792.gif

Reading comprehension fail!! For some reason I thought you got 6 months, though it clearly says 12. Looks like we got a pretty similar deal on select.

trener1

I just bought the 6 months for $30 with a $50 gift card, then I realized that it's only for streaming and wont work with my car unit :(

Last edited:

Patrick

Staff member
I just bought the 6 months for $30 with a $50 gift card, then I realized that it's only for staming and wont work with my car unit :(

srry about that - at some point the cars will have the app in them like pandora.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was all hopped up on my XM success that I called Comcast. They took $50 off a month for 12 months and $20 off a month for the 2nd year to retain me as a customer. My bill was up to $190/month for TV/DVR/Internet.

teabagger11

It's my Birthday!
you know ive been really disappointed with sirius lately this move with DJ's talking all the time i originally got sirius because they didnt have all this inane chatter and stern off course, but the killer for me has been the moving of the punk channel, then faction to a place on the dial i cant get apparently unless i buy a new vehicle with a newer radio to get channel 383 or whatever kills it when stern is out i'm out . yes i could get the app and listen to the punk channel in my car but not everyone can afford unlimited data.... and if i had unlimited data i'm sure my kids would find a way to use it up end rant

Patrick

Staff member
you know ive been really disappointed with sirius lately this move with DJ's talking all the time i originally got sirius because they didnt have all this inane chatter and stern off course, but the killer for me has been the moving of the punk channel, then faction to a place on the dial i cant get apparently unless i buy a new vehicle with a newer radio to get channel 383 or whatever kills it when stern is out i'm out . yes i could get the app and listen to the punk channel in my car but not everyone can afford unlimited data.... and if i had unlimited data i'm sure my kids would find a way to use it up end rant

I wonder if you bitched, would they send you a free Onyx Plus. ??? try it and let me know.

the hosted channels can be annoying. Don't need to hear a story between after each song.

10 hours of listening to the app is about 1GB of data - it also has a lower sound quality over the cell network.
I have not tested this - just some maths.

if you have a starmate or onyx i believe the base connectors are the same.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SiriusXM-O...976506?hash=item3afb491f3a:g:mboAAOSwWHBaPA5L

Last edited:

cfrone1

Shop: Pops Bike Shop
Shop Keep
My subscriptions for my cars come up next week. I am thinking about calling to renew tomorrow, hoping I can get a better deal for the year instead of doing the whole renew every 5 months deal to get good pricing. Is there a code to mention, or just tell them I want the 1 year for $73? I have a mix of in dash units on 2 cars, and 3 old starmates (which I prefer for the preset favorite artists/songs options...the newer radios really suck in that respect!) Also, they used to give me a promo price on the first radio, and multi-radio discounts on the others. Do they still do that? (BTW, I have the Sirius XM Select package on the radios)

Patrick

Staff member
My subscriptions for my cars come up next week. I am thinking about calling to renew tomorrow, hoping I can get a better deal for the year instead of doing the whole renew every 5 months deal to get good pricing. Is there a code to mention, or just tell them I want the 1 year for $73? I have a mix of in dash units on 2 cars, and 3 old starmates (which I prefer for the preset favorite artists/songs options...the newer radios really suck in that respect!) Also, they used to give me a promo price on the first radio, and multi-radio discounts on the others. Do they still do that? (BTW, I have the Sirius XM Select package on the radios)

no special code - but you can negotiate the year. $73 for select might work. Been so focused on the 6 month promo plans that I haven't looked at the yearly.
So they are busy this time of year because of new radios/cars - the best time to negotiate is the beginning of december, when they are in a panic about the subscriber numbers.

Good luck! let us know what happens.

Mr.Moto

The 12 months for $60 ($73 all in) is still on their website. I just called and said I was cancelling because the price is going up and they will start to negotiate. Mention the offer on their website and they will do it. I just re-upped one car and put select in a new one for that price.

cfrone1

Shop Keep
So here is the update. Called in tonight, told them I wanted to renew my membership today at the 12 months/$60 per radio deal that was promoted on their website. (My current subscription runs out/is due for renewal on Jan. 9th...for 6 radios!) The customer service rep told me they needed to switch me to a different rep to get this done, and I would be on hold for a minute or two. 18 minutes later, someone finally picked up. First off, I told him to cancel my streaming free trial (due to expire on Jan. 12th), because I got my old radio/boombox working again, and was just planning on renewing that in its place. He said he would do that right now before proceeding, then asked what he could help me with further. Told the guy what I wanted to do with the 6 radios, he starts giving me "special offers", none of which struck me as special. I told him that I was specifically calling about the offer on the Sirius site, I have a friend who was just given the promotion, and that was what I wanted. He proceeded to tell me the "best he could do" was 10.95 per month per radio...then another 20% off that...then another few points off of that...Finally, I said "Look, this is the promo I called in for, if I can't get that, I will cancel all 6 radios when they are due next week." He finally says the best he could offer was the 6 months for $30 promo, but he would not give me the 12/$60. He said I should be happy with that promo, it was such a good deal. At that point I asked him to stop reading the script...If he couldn't get me the 12/$60, that I was going to be pissed, and that after 10 years with Sirius, I was going to cancel all 6 radios next week, just out of principal. He then says, "OK, if that is what you want to do, I will cancel them for you now." I told him not to do so, I was going to keep them until the 8th, since the "credit" I would get would be minuscule. He said OK, and I told him goodbye and hung up. A few minutes later, I get 2 emails. 1 is a notification that he extended the online subscription AND BILLED ME FOR IT for another month at $10.99 plus fees for a total of $13.38, and another email with a survey. You can be sure I will be filling out the survey! Probably the worst experience I ever had dealing with them in years!

Patrick

Staff member
So here is the update. Called in tonight, told them I wanted to renew my membership today at the 12 months/$60 per radio deal that was promoted on their website. (My current subscription runs out/is due for renewal on Jan. 9th...for 6 radios!) The customer service rep told me they needed to switch me to a different rep to get this done, and I would be on hold for a minute or two. 18 minutes later, someone finally picked up. First off, I told him to cancel my streaming free trial (due to expire on Jan. 12th), because I got my old radio/boombox working again, and was just planning on renewing that in its place. He said he would do that right now before proceeding, then asked what he could help me with further. Told the guy what I wanted to do with the 6 radios, he starts giving me "special offers", none of which struck me as special. I told him that I was specifically calling about the offer on the Sirius site, I have a friend who was just given the promotion, and that was what I wanted. He proceeded to tell me the "best he could do" was 10.95 per month per radio...then another 20% off that...then another few points off of that...Finally, I said "Look, this is the promo I called in for, if I can't get that, I will cancel all 6 radios when they are due next week." He finally says the best he could offer was the 6 months for $30 promo, but he would not give me the 12/$60. He said I should be happy with that promo, it was such a good deal. At that point I asked him to stop reading the script...If he couldn't get me the 12/$60, that I was going to be pissed, and that after 10 years with Sirius, I was going to cancel all 6 radios next week, just out of principal. He then says, "OK, if that is what you want to do, I will cancel them for you now." I told him not to do so, I was going to keep them until the 8th, since the "credit" I would get would be minuscule. He said OK, and I told him goodbye and hung up. A few minutes later, I get 2 emails. 1 is a notification that he extended the online subscription AND BILLED ME FOR IT for another month at $10.99 plus fees for a total of $13.38, and another email with a survey. You can be sure I will be filling out the survey! Probably the worst experience I ever had dealing with them in years!

I'll get you a contact to straighten this out. PM me your details (name/addr/ account number)

cfrone1

Shop Keep
I'll get you a contact to straighten this out. PM me your details (name/addr/ account number)
Update on the Sirius renewal effort from last week...

Finally got a chance to speak with a representative from the "escalation department" (man, that just SOUNDS intense, doesn't it !?!?) today. The rep I spoke to was Anna, and she could not have been nicer, more helpful, or more professional. She got the entire matter squared away in a matter of a few minutes, no run around, no jumping through hoops! Renewed all 6 radios @ $72.08 each ($60 + fees/taxes) for 1 year. She was a joy to work with.

I have to thank fidodie and his Mrs. for helping me out. He didn't need to reach out to me, and his wife was kind enough to call and speak with me, and get me to the right people. Super nice of them to do so, and I greatly appreciate their assistance.

So I am good for another year....hopefully, next year goes smoothly during the renewal process, and I will not need to ask for additional help. I really like the service, it is just the renewal process every year that is painful!

SCOTTscale

They wouldn't work with me when I activated a new car radio on my account. They gave the new radio the deal but wouldn't even talk about my current radio.

Then I got an email that the "royalty" fee is going to 19%. I'm probably going to shut down after both radios are up for renewal.

Google Music doesn't charge a royalty fee and it costs $9 a month. Fees are the new hot thing to avoid having to call it a "price increase" just look at what Altice is doing in North Jersey to the cable TV subscribers.

Time to trim the fat...

Top Bottom