Trexlertown ?

Stocky

My buddy and I ran into two guys riding last Sunday at Mahlon . The one guys name was Lance ( he rode like LANCE ) . Anyway very nice guy , he mentioned the Trexlertown swap/flea market . I'm not sure of the exact name other than it's held in October every year and it's the place to sell and or pick up used bikes or parts at great prices.

It's located near Allentown , PA.

Has anyone ever been there and can anyone provide me with more info about it.

ps - we saw a bear while riding Mahlon on Sunday morning.

Stocky

thank you walter, I did a search and that thread did not come up for me.

Sounds like it's hit or miss.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I'll be up there tonight to watch me some trackies, I've never been to the swap meet but I also have heard of it's awesomeness...

-Jim.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
Its a fun little experience. Have a 2nd thing to do in the area in case you blow thru it too fast.I used to tie parts w/ tags to an old backpack and they'd sell as i walked around.

BiknBen

Sounds like it's hit or miss.

Depends on your intentions when you arrive. Vendors vary from individuals to teams to bike shops. There is a wide variety of stuff being sold. Individuals are selling used stuff. Teams will be trying to shed bikes, wheels, etc. that have been raced for a year or so. The shops are selling older stock or stuff they generally have too much of.

Your view of the event will depend on what you are looking for. I went there looking to finish a commuter build. This beater ended up with used Dura-Ace stuff because I found it cheep. I also scored some other bulk items like bottles and tubes at stupid low prices.

Bring cash and have an idea of what you may need or want. The shops take the higher priced spots near the entrance. The smaller spots are in the infield and sell mostly used stuff. You will see more roadie\track related stuff since it is a velodrome community. OTOH, my friend bought a MTB there a couple years ago. You will see it all.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
might be worth checkin' out...are the deals that good to take the drive out there?

I know High Gear brought an insane amount of NOS last year, we blew out clothing and had stooopid deals on unmatched wheels...It was so cheap, I bought stuff from it, like my CX wheels, Bonty Race Lites for $100 a pair:D

-Jim.

Top Bottom