Clayton Park Conditions

Clayton is in pretty good shape. A little bushy here and there and a little eroded at the top of downhill drop/last climb out. Otherwise, good to go.

Got in 14+ miles at Clayton today. Trails were firm and no wet areas besides riding past the pond. A good perk riding there is a microbrewery right down the road called Screamin Hill. Good brew. My favorite is American Strong.

Last edited:
A bit of ugly freeze/thaw greasiness today. More than I expected...It's not supposed to freeze tonight so maybe tomorrow afternoon will be better.
IMG_2222.JPG
I like the Cocoa Currant Porter.

Any word on the conditions?
Based on my yard, and the temps, I'd say it's pretty wet. Most of our snow has melted leaving a lot of water behind. Within the next few days, it should all be gone then it will just need some time to dry out.

Last edited:
how are conditions at Clayton?
scouring NJ for an interesting place to ride down south since Allaire is CLOSED

I would imagine there is atleast a ton of debris ( small sticks and branches ) on the trails. I was planning to head over there on Tuesday after work.

Any current conditions updates? I went Sunday, assuming it would be dry because it seems to drain well, and turned around at the bottom of the hill by the fields as it was a mess. I am hoping for an after work ride tonight...

Any current conditions updates? I went Sunday, assuming it would be dry because it seems to drain well, and turned around at the bottom of the hill by the fields as it was a mess. I am hoping for an after work ride tonight...

Molasses, did you go, and if so, post the status?... my thoughts were he same as yours, only for tonight.

Yellow light,
ridiable with a bunch of slick spots. Corn field drop in is a slick ride down, a couple of other slick spots and the usual water around the lake root section.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions