Six Mile Run Fathers Day "Clip and Ride" Sunday June 15th at 9:00 am. Canal Road Lot

Wobbegong

Meet at the Canal Road Parking lot at 9:00 am this Sunday June 15th for a Fathers Day "Clip and Ride" session. Bring your bike and a pair of hand pruners that you can store in your pack. If turnout is good, we'll split into groups to cover different sections of the park. My goal is to at least cover the Canal side of the park (it needs it the most) and get us home for Fathers Day family time.

Come earn some paydirt! Hope to see you there.

Jason P.

Last edited:

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
if the surf looks like it'll be flat (which it will most likely be) i just might be down for this.

to speed up the clipping, i'll just attach two garden weasels to my handlebars as bar-ends... and just make sure i never go OTB.

warcricket

Like a Jerk
damn, if i didn't have f-day plans i would have brought my duck tape suit of armor that i wore to the premiere of 300

The Kalmyk

J....I was planning to go for a ride with Alex at 9am Sunday...Hope you don't mind if we jump on the wagon

Spence

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Ride a bit.. When vegitation hits riders the group stops.. We cut the shit way back. Ride and Repeat.

I may or may not make it but i have been doing my share of cutting already.

J_

jimmysnukastyle

Six Mile

I'll get there if I can - may be in Flemington for the weekend. Does anyone have any extra pruning tools? I don't have any.

Jay - noticed a bunch cut back last night - thanks.

Dan

Madness

Damn...
I want in on that but I have to pick my mom up from the airport Sunday morning so I won't be able to make it. Stop doing things on days I can't make it out to cause I want to help!!!!!!!!!! Consult me before you do anything else so I can approve...................:D

ellbiddy

I'll be there I just got back from my 5:30 Saturday morning ride and my arms are destroyed from vegetation especially canal side, there are good sections and then it turns into what can only be described as an armpit :mad2:

Where do you guys usually stash pruners as you ride? I don't want to get impaled.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I have a Bob Ibex trailer that I pull around for heavy trail work.

Otherwise I stuff the small stuff in my Camelbak.

j-

Wobbegong

I'm glad to see there are some folks planning on coming out tomorrow, see you all at 9am on the canal side parking lot.

Earn some pay dirt, maybe you'll win that shine new Scalpel at the end of the season. :):)

Jason.

Wobbegong

I'll be there I just got back from my 5:30 Saturday morning ride and my arms are destroyed from vegetation especially canal side, there are good sections and then it turns into what can only be described as an armpit :mad2:

Where do you guys usually stash pruners as you ride? I don't want to get impaled.

Bring a back pack or larger hydro pack, all you need are a small pair of pruners.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Probably not it's pouring like crazy

yeah - that last storm that ripped through was crazy - my parking lot looked like a pond within a minute of the rain. i only live 6 miles from 6 mile (hey! go figure) so i bet the place got a good soaking in just a few minutes.

unless you guys think the trails will be cool, i'm gonna pass and either bust out the longboard down the shore, or just do an urban assault on new brunswick.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions