MPH / Miles / Waves

D

DANSPANK

Did the usual Secaucus loop today but was shocked to see another roadie out there. I waved, he waved - happy days! I thought I was the only cyclist in my little flat town.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Note to self...Don't bother making friends in the greater Westwood area. :hmmm:

Fred and I rode today. We said hi to every rider, runner, gardener, pedestrian we saw.

I said hi or waved to every rider today too. And 4 out of 15 reciprocated. I'm a nice guy, I swear!

ride along 9W or 304 into Piermont, which on nice weekends can feel like road biking shangri-la. In the center of Piermont there were easily 30 cyclists. I guess familiarity breeds contempt.

dhsean

Waves?

Dam, I thought this post was about riding, then surfing. Any surfers on here? I have been getting the itch to start surfing again. Have not surfed in like 15 years.

BiknBen

Dam, I thought this post was about riding, then surfing. Any surfers on here? I have been getting the itch to start surfing again. Have not surfed in like 15 years.

Uhmmm...I think you are looking for the "Other sports/Activities" forum. Look further down the list.

This is the Roadie forum and we are all A-Holes. :rolleyes:

dhsean

Thanks, took a look over there. I don't know, downhillers are pretty good at being a bunch of abnoxious pricks too. :rofl:

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Previous best for 20 miles was 16.6 MPH. Today I crushed it -- 17.4.

Not sure if it's the beautiful weather, the fact that it's race season, or the lack of traffic at 1PM on a Wednesday, but I felt fast and could have been faster.

Oh yeah, first time wearing lycra on the road. That might have shaved some time off.

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
I heard that by shaving your eyebrows you gain +\- 1mph, but IDK if it's true.

it's true, I'll paypal $5 to the first person who does it and posts a photo of it up here.

My last road ride was last week and the crosswinds out there were like 30mph, I was the only soul out there, so no wave data.

I must report however that a couple weeks back I was cutting around at mercer on the road and I got a nod from a roadie.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
two rides last week 19 miles each, princeton/montgomery, 19.5 avg, one snub

40 miles on Sunday lawarence/hopewell/southern hunterdon: 18.3 avg with some nice climbs and two waves.

Nimrod

Really nice out there this morning. Rode (commuted) 21 or 22 miles this morning. Took 1:05, don't have a computer on that bike so don't know the MPH. Waved several times, most waved back. Also wore my long sleeve jersey, and knee warmers.

When I sat down on the seat this morning, it hurt:(. "Ahh its just aches and pains from Lewis Morris...." Then when I got to work, did an inspection under the hood:hmmm: Great ...........its a nice size freaking "Boil" pimple thing:mad2: that may have to be lanced.......... Oh boy....

I'm really hoping this boil is not a disease from the Team Mascot at Lewis Morris

Last edited:

BiknBen

I vote Ben take "Shiniqua" to her OB-GYN. Could be contagious, you never know

:topic:

I saw a rider this morning and nodded. He didn't nod back. Maybe it was because of the truck that was about to pass him. Maybe he is just a SRP.

The Kalmyk

:topic:

I saw a rider this morning and nodded. He didn't nod back. Maybe he is just a SRP.

HAHAHAHAHA......Sorry dude have to laugh at you....So this morning the first thing I see when I go to walk my dog was Ben sporting the MTBNJ uniform ....So me being the friendly person I am say "What's up Ben." He looks at me and continues riding....

Last edited:
Top Bottom