National Trails Day @ WVP sat. June 7th

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Please join us for National Trails Day @ Washington Valley Park on
Saturday June 7th @ 9.00am-2.00pm
Meet @ Newman’s Lane parking lot

We have new trail projects planned & need as many volunteers as we can get. Due to the types of tools that will be used at the site, we request that you bring a pair of work gloves, and sturdy boots. Also recommended is bug spray, something to drink & snack on.

For further information please contact the Park Rangers at 908 231-0802 ext.21

Hope to see you there.

About National Trails Day:

Since 1993, National Trails Day has been celebrated annually on the first Saturday in June. National Trails Day is focused on specific goals, raising awareness of trails and Trails for All Americans, building partnerships and alliances that work together beyond National Trails Day, and broadening the constituency for trails. This annual event has grown from a handful of grassroots events in 1993 to over 3,000 events across the country.

The unifying idea of National Trails Day is Trails for All Americans; a plan to establish a nationwide network of trails that comes within 15 minutes of every American. These pathways would link together as part of the nation’s infrastructure of greenways, like the interstate highway system.
Through National Trails Day local trail clubs, the outdoor business community, and local, state, and federal government agencies are joining together to make this plan a reality.
The Somerset County Park Commission will be taking part in the celebration in an attempt to improve and maintain our many miles of trails, as well as, to educate people about hiking, biking, and the trails that surround them.
In recognition of National Trails Day, the Park Commission’s Park Ranger Department will be hosting a trail maintenance project at Washington Valley Park, Bridgewater Township. The project is scheduled for Saturday, June 7th, 2008, between 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.

www.somersetcountyparks.org

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
Glad you can make it out Tony. We're bringing in some hired guns for this one. Just wish it wasn't going to be 95 degrees.
I'll be prepared with ice in my hydro pack and some energy bars to keep me going.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions