road tires

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I don't know squat about road bike stuff. I blew out my tires on a mean ol' pot hole a few days ago and need some replacements. I had continental race something somethings on. Any recommendations for a decent road tire that doesn't break the bank? thanks -

RNG1

I did the same thing last month, I picked up a pair of Hutchinson Fusion Comp 700 that ride nicer than the Continental Sports I had on. They cost me $25 each from Performance, and look kinda cool (or as cool as a skinny tire can look).

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
VREDESTEIN Fortezza Tricomp is my #1 and only choice these days. They are rated up to 160psi and have good road feel. We run on all our road bikes including tandems. Available at Campmor too.

Mk1Racer

VREDESTEIN Fortezza Tricomp is my #1 and only choice these days. They are rated up to 160psi and have good road feel. We run on all our road bikes including tandems. Available at Campmor too.

Gotta add another vote for the Tri-comps. I've been running those on my Six13 since I got it, and I really like them. I run mine @ 130 psi, which works great for me, since I'm a heavier guy. And the fact that they're rated to 175# makes me feel better that I'm not running them close to their rated limit. They have amazing grip, and seem to be pretty tough w/o being heavy. They're not cheap though ($50+ / each). I have a pair of the regular Fortezza's that I bought, but I don't know if I'm going to use them or not, as they are 25mm and not 23mm. They're brand new in the box if you're interested in buying them. I think they were $20/ea.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Gotta add another vote for the Tri-comps. I've been running those on my Six13 since I got it, and I really like them. I run mine @ 130 psi, which works great for me, since I'm a heavier guy. And the fact that they're rated to 175# makes me feel better that I'm not running them close to their rated limit. They have amazing grip, and seem to be pretty tough w/o being heavy. They're not cheap though ($50+ / each). I have a pair of the regular Fortezza's that I bought, but I don't know if I'm going to use them or not, as they are 25mm and not 23mm. They're brand new in the box if you're interested in buying them. I think they were $20/ea.

Thanks for the offer but I'll stay with 23mm. And thanks to Ellen and RNG1 for the help as well. I'll pick something up soon. I'm just happy that RobertG was riding with me since I wasn't carrying any tubes or patch kit. We were 10 miles from home -- Rob spared me quite the walk!

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I rock the Vittoria Open Corsa EVO CX in season...They're not cheap, but the ride is unmatched by any other road tire, as far as clinchers are concerned. They use a 290 TPI casing that is super-fast and very suppple...Peep them...

http://highgearcyclery.com/page.cfm?PageID=587&action=details&sku=TR3411

During the winter and early spring I use the Vittoria Rubino Pro because it's better in snow/ice/rain/salty roads, etc...Peep it...

http://highgearcyclery.com/page.cfm?PageID=587&action=details&sku=TR3411

If you just want a tire that'll last forever and don't care about weight or ride quality or performance, either the Conti Gran-Prix 4-seasons or Ultra Gator skins are super-durable and will outlast your bike...

-Jim.

lawndart

Shop: Campmor
Shop Keep
Kenda Kaliente. Also avail at Campmor.....I ride em, Ken, and Mark. Good but in-expensive tire.

Nimrod

If you just want a tire that'll last forever and don't care about weight or ride quality or performance, either the Conti Gran-Prix 4-seasons or Ultra Gator skins are super-durable and will outlast your bike...

-Jim.

Running the Gator Skins on my Commuter Bike :)Drode to work this morning:D) I have to have 3k on these tires, and to date 1 flat.

Top Bottom