Going Long and Hard.

gtluke

The Moped
As of Midnight last night all riders were off course and accounted for.

I want to just get Lasik and be done with it. Wearing glasses sucks across the board when cycling. Mud, rain, fog, sweat, all leaves me blind.
as long as you leave them on in bed, we can still be friends.

Rdoonz

Holy Turd. This is the most badass thing I have read in a long time. Well done!
I couldn't agree more with Johnny. So fn harcore. The way you describe everything here is just epic. Anyone who doesn't dig a little deeper to get out of their comfort zone and try something to push their personal boundaries after reading your post is wasting oxygen, IMHO. Awesome job being a true inspiration.... and more importantly living to ride another day:D

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Insanity, not sure how anyone that lives in our area can test dressing for conditions like that. Glad you didn't die and when I rode this morning in single digits (for an hour) I thought that your high temp was at least 30 degrees below that. Respect.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Insanity, not sure how anyone that lives in our area can test dressing for conditions like that.

Clothing is relatively easy, it's everything else. I can only test gear with the weather we get and then learn as I go along. Trial by fire. Or ice? Trial by ice. And I'm not afraid to ask questions, take suggestions, and experiment. I pay attention to what the other races are wearing and gear they use. We are still a relatively small group of folks so most of us have become pretty good friends and help each other along.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Maybe you can convince the wife and work to let you fly out a month early next year for gear testing as well as temperature and elevation acclimation.:rolleyes:

Supermoto

Is there any benefit to a set up like this for when its super cold...I assume not since I don't see any of the racer with it

full face.jpeg

Pampa

Jim, you were an inspiration for me before, and now even more. Awesome effort and smart call. I'm glad you made it out well. Looking forward to keep learning from you.

The Squirrel

After I read your recap you inspired me and today a rode 11 miles in the cold and wind to Lake T. It was brutal. My rear brake froze but i carried on saying "what would Jim do?".
Thanks for the inspiration and for staying alive. Hope you get into the big one..

My new mantra. Huge respect, bravo.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
That's last year's winner, Neil. Read Aaron's report on the Fat Pursuit page. He's the only one to finish the 200-Miler this year. Makes what I went through look like a mild Spring Day.
Read Aaron's report, damn, crazy stuff. Got a little choked up when his family and 6 year old was waiting for him at the finish line. Certainly pushing the boundaries of human survival on a bike/in general.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I posted a video on IG riding during the end of the storm yesterday. The wind and precipitation up on Mt. Two Top had to be considerably worse.

20170109_112623.jpg

This was visibility out in the burn area above CP2. There's huge mountains all around but you can't see any of them.

Top Bottom