First timers at Mountain Creek Park

njkayaker

Not sure how much I should say. lets just say they made changes to the bike park team that are not pro bike.

DownhillR3

Not sure how much I should say. lets just say they made changes to the bike park team that are not pro bike.

Yeah, I've been hearing the same from MCBP patrons. Shame.

Regardless, if anyone wants to ride the XC trails up top, PM me. I'm always riding around up there.

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
High speed gondola closed probably for remaining bike season . Now the new platform they built on top of the triple chair lift makes sense

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
High speed gondola closed probably for remaining bike season . Now the new platform they built on top of the triple chair lift makes sense

WHAT?!?!

But but but... My birthday party is there this weekend. :/

oobaa47

Is the triple chairlift near the entrance of Twist? They used it as a race start a year or two ago.......

BiknBen

WHAT?!?!

But but but... My birthday party is there this weekend. :/

Yes. The sweet gondola I was bragging about during our ride last week is closed. There is a triple chair to take you to the top instead. It will make you appreciate the gondola even more. :(

Ian F

Yes. The sweet gondola I was bragging about during our ride last week is closed. There is a triple chair to take you to the top instead. It will make you appreciate the gondola even more. :(

From the FB pics I saw, it looks like they copied the set-up Plattekill uses on the Sunny Side Triple. Yes... you will definitely appreciate the gondola. The FB post said they hope to have it back up in about 3 weeks.

I've grown used to the Whistler tray set-up Highland uses. It's better than the front wheel hooks at Blue, although Highland does use wheel hooks for a 3rd bike most days.

njkayaker

Triple chair view.
Screen Shot 2016-09-10 at 3.15.06 PM.png

oobaa47

Can anyone provide an update regarding these mgmt changes? Are we talking about less funds towards the staffing of the trail crue, equipment, and trail maintenance or something far, far worse? On fb someone mentions that there's a new perspective on the bike park operations.......not liking the sound of this at all......can someone please dispel these rumors.........

BiknBen

can someone please dispel these rumors.........

The employee(s) I have heard from have been singing the praises of the new management and their perspective on the bike park. More commitment to positive changes. They may appear subtle or non-existent to us but positive things are happening.
  • Opening a month early was huge.
  • The addition of that little beginner flow line (by the pedestrian bridge) with a carpet isn't a small thing. They were running the carpet with an attendant on weekends.
  • Little pump track at the lodge and the big white tent.
  • Better menu at the Beirgarten.
  • Adding the deck to the top of triple chair so they don't have to close entirely. That deck will likely get ripped out for ski season.
That being said, I wish they would have finished the renovation to Salvation.
The only negative I have seen was the $30 fee for preferred parking during the spring. There was no one collecting at the lot last Friday. I hope to see that continue through close.

njkayaker

The change I heard was just recent like a week or so ago. they changed bike park operations manager to someone who isn't even a rider.

Top Bottom